AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database update info  (Read 124573 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Database update info
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 03:10:23 PM »
Noted on MyFlights:

Mode S: A70365
Reg: N551CS
Type: Gulfstream G550
ICAO: GLF5
MSN: 5264

Currently populates as Reg: (blank);  Type: (blank);  ICAO: (blank);  MSN: (blank)

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Runway 31

« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2010, 04:57:47 PM »
N551CS added

DaveReid

« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
N551CS added

Any prospect yet of AirNav giving you a utility to automatically import types commonly fitted with Mode S from the FAA register ?

It's going to be a long haul otherwise, inputting them one at a time ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #183 on: June 16, 2010, 05:47:10 PM »
N551CS added

Any prospect yet of AirNav giving you a utility to automatically import types commonly fitted with Mode S from the FAA register ?

It's going to be a long haul otherwise, inputting them one at a time ...

hello

We have discussed this faa import many times so there is no need to raise it again. Also would you prefer  just to leave the infamous XXX bank trustee or other pointless info  that  is so prevalent in the official faa register instead of us looking for the airline that is operating it. If you like your faa records so much import the faa file yourself and turn off your auto populate. then we might finally get peace although I thought your sarcastic "advice" had come to an end this last week or so but sadly it is back.

Andrew

DaveReid

« Reply #184 on: June 16, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »
We have discussed this faa import many times so there is no need to raise it again. Also would you prefer  just to leave the infamous XXX bank trustee or other pointless info  that  is so prevalent in the official faa register instead of us looking for the airline that is operating it. If you like your faa records so much import the faa file yourself and turn off your auto populate. then we might finally get peace although I thought your sarcastic "advice" had come to an end this last week or so but sadly it is back.

OK, have it your own way, personally I'd have thought that some kind of automatic import to jump-start the process was a no-brainer.

But if you're saying that we can anticipate a sharp reduction in the number of FAA unknowns, then so be it - I look forward to that as much as anyone else.

DaveReid

« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2010, 02:29:59 PM »
Currently on MyFlights:

Mode S: A8559A
Reg: N636SD
Type: Embraer EMB-500 Phenom 100
ICAO: E50P
MSN: 50000117

Currently populates as Reg: (blank);  Type: (blank);  ICAO: (blank);  MSN: (blank)

This information is hereby placed in the public domain and may be freely used without attribution by any individual or organisation.

MTIA
Dave

Runway 31

« Reply #186 on: June 18, 2010, 02:34:33 PM »
N636SD done

DaveReid

« Reply #187 on: June 18, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
On MyFlights this evening:

Mode S: A6FD9D
Reg: N55FP
Type: Cessna 525B CitationJet 3
ICAO: C25B
MSN: 525B-0153

MTIA
Dave

Runway 31

« Reply #188 on: June 18, 2010, 08:24:57 PM »
Ta Dave done.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
We have discussed this faa import many times so there is no need to raise it again. Also would you prefer  just to leave the infamous XXX bank trustee or other pointless info  that  is so prevalent in the official faa register instead of us looking for the airline that is operating it. If you like your faa records so much import the faa file yourself and turn off your auto populate. then we might finally get peace although I thought your sarcastic "advice" had come to an end this last week or so but sadly it is back.

OK, have it your own way, personally I'd have thought that some kind of automatic import to jump-start the process was a no-brainer.

But if you're saying that we can anticipate a sharp reduction in the number of FAA unknowns, then so be it - I look forward to that as much as anyone else.

Hi Dave

We've been looking at alternative methods of getting "non-singular" records into the database for the past couple of weeks now, as I agree that the "one by one" approach is an impossibility.

With a little help from Dev, we can very easily achieve this,although it may not be ideal, especially with owners or operators.

My personal view on this (and I must stress - personal), is that it is more useful to get aircraft details with a solid basis of registration, type, cn, ICAO and if possible operator onto the databse - at least then we won't get so many unpopulated records appearing.

We can then plug the gaps accordingly, although with biz jets and light aircraft, again I personally do not see the operator as being crucial?
It would be nice to get as accurate a picture as is possible regarding the operator, but just keeping this up to date alone would be a task and a half

Commercial airliners would be easier to deal with obviously.

At the moment, we don't have any facility to do this,although it has been suggested as an available option.

I'll keep you posted

Regards

Rich

DaveReid

« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2010, 09:25:44 PM »
All makes sense to me.

But then I'm not the one who has to convince a sceptical Orcadian :-)

DaveReid

« Reply #191 on: June 22, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
Noted on MyFlights this afternoon:

Mode S: AA9103
Reg: N780F
Type: Gulfstream G550
ICAO: GLF5
MSN: 5261

Currently populates as MSN: 530

MTIA
Dave

Runway 31

« Reply #192 on: June 22, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »
Changed Dave

DaveReid

« Reply #193 on: June 22, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »
Currently populates as MSN: 530

Oops, should have also pointed out that MSN 530 is now N780W, which doesn't populate either.

Runway 31

« Reply #194 on: June 22, 2010, 04:52:28 PM »
Nae bothers Dave, I check anyway and it is msn 5261