anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Limit to number of 3D installations allowed?  (Read 2525 times)

GlynH

Limit to number of 3D installations allowed?
« on: July 14, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
I know I am far from an 'average' computer user whatever that may mean but I seem to have hit the limit for 3D installations on my setup at home?

I have the main ANRB setup on my workstation where 3D was activated back in March and it seems to be working OK although I don't actually use it much...

I have installed it on my Media PC and 3D also seems OK.

I also installed it on my laptop but to confuse the issue I have 3 HDD's for this particular laptop;

1. Original 40GB HDD that it shipped with that I still use for a basic configuration as it has a lot of work stuff on it.

2. Larger 60GB HDD from another laptop of the same model that I had kicking around a while ago. The plan was to only install my own stuff (not work related) and was glad for the extra capacity at the time.

3. 60GB SSD purchased to speed bootup/loading times and which really makes the laptop fly!

In addition I also have a netbook where I struggled to install ANRB even using the Demo mode trick some time ago but which has today finally accepted the installation?

Apart from ANRB taking nearly 12 minutes to load on my main workstation and dragging the whole machine down when running in 2D - 3D can & does at least work.

My Media PC also accesses the Google Earth plug-in and so should work in 3D

The first installation on my laptop (from memory) installed and loaded the GE plug-In.

The second and subsequent installs on the 60GB HDD & 60GB SSD respectively threw an error about my exceeding my license count or something like that...can't quite remember as it was a while ago now.

For the Netbook installation today I chose not to activate 3D because of the previous License issue and also chose not to be reminded in future - but if I was able to (or wanted to) how would I activate 3D on the Netbook installation as I don't see a way of accessing it?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Limit to number of 3D installations allowed?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 03:36:28 PM »
You just need to email us and we reset the "computer" count for the installs.

You can use RB 3D on 2 machines at a time. This restriction is due to licensing with Google for the 3D maps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]