AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How many aircraft on the network on average?  (Read 11449 times)

Jay911

How many aircraft on the network on average?
« on: February 03, 2010, 02:03:51 AM »
When I first started using ANRB a couple weeks ago, I saw somewhere between 1100 and 1500 aircraft one particular day on my Network tab. That was with version 2.x (I think), which came bundled with the box. I upgraded to 3.13, and I don't know if this is related, but lately I see less than 500 acft most of the time. Right now at 1900 Mountain time (0200Z), I'm seeing 279 aircraft. I realize that the time of day in the EU - where the majority of you are - is part of the situation. Ultimately, my question is, how many aircraft are seen on the network "usually", and/or am I seeing "all" the network users' data (or is only a portion of it shared to other users at any given time)?

Thanks all :)
--j.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: How many aircraft on the network on average?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 02:18:19 AM »
You can check the real-time network stats page at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarBox/network.php

jannuh

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »
Hi Jay,

I have at this moment 104 flights (10:03 UTC), but don't share with the RB network.

I really don't want to give away data for free to AirNav, which at the same moment A.N. wants a lot of money from other people, also sharing for free to the A.N. network!

I share with the PlanePlotter network.
PlanePlotter, you pay once 25 euro for the software, their sharing network is free for all users.

radarspotter10

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »
Hi Jay,

I have at this moment 104 flights (10:03 UTC), but don't share with the RB network.

I really don't want to give away data for free to AirNav, which at the same moment A.N. wants a lot of money from other people, also sharing for free to the A.N. network!

I share with the PlanePlotter network.
PlanePlotter, you pay once 25 euro for the software, their sharing network is free for all users.

hi.
I am just one of then users that do share, i have no hidden agenda or axe to grind from another site,  i have no problems sharing and would like to thank all those users that do share, keep up the good work.
I also share with PlanePlotter shipplotter and lots more, as far as free network my internet provider charge me £20 a month for package one and they say the internet is free.
believe me jannuh there nothing free in this world
thanks for a great product airnav.
from pat
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 12:01:44 PM by radarspotter10 »

Jay911

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 11:27:28 AM »
Thanks for the input, everyone. I couldn't be less interested in the fighting and posturing going on - within 24 hours of signing up here, I was sent a private email asking me to join another forum on the subject, and after looking at how people conduct themselves there, you couldn't get me to sign up there at gunpoint.

I was just curious why it appeared there was a marked decline in flights seen since I first started the program. Interestingly enough, as I write this it's back up to 1046 flights.

Thanks again for everyone's contributions.
--j.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 12:03:37 PM »
I agree, the network is performing brilliantly at the moment.  My tracker is currently showing 2149 network flights picked up over the last 60 minutes, obviously not all on the screen at the same time, YMMV depending on the timeouts you have set.

Well done, AirNav !
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 03:03:49 PM »
My tracker is currently showing 2149 network flights picked up over the last 60 minutes

Dave, out of interest, how does your tracker work?

EMA

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »
It's good to share :-)

DaveReid

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
Dave, out of interest, how does your tracker work?

I'm afraid I can't go into detail on a public forum.  Walls have ears :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

klm

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 04:16:19 PM »
go ahead dave tell him we will not look ore eardrop

ACW367

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 09:49:28 PM »
Users should remember that the more ADS-B flights they have in thier myflights means that those corresponding flights will not show up on your version of the network count.  Someone in Russia at midnight with maybe only a couple of aircraft in his myflights, will be getting all the Western European network contacts for a large count.  

You in Western Europe's network contacts count will show a lot less because these aircraft are in your myflights, especially if you have long times outs, whilst you are only picking up a few network contacts from the few ADS-B fleets in the rest of the world.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:51:06 PM by ACW367 »

Jay911

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:19:28 PM »
Users should remember that the more ADS-B flights they have in thier myflights means that those corresponding flights will not show up on your version of the network count.  Someone in Russia at midnight with maybe only a couple of aircraft in his myflights, will be getting all the Western European network contacts for a large count. 

You in Western Europe's network contacts count will show a lot less because these aircraft are in your myflights, especially if you have long times outs, whilst you are only picking up a few network contacts from the few ADS-B fleets in the rest of the world.

Are you saying that not everyone sees the same amount of network data? Disregard "myflights" for the moment - consider a situation like mine where myflights is often zero. If there are x number of users sharing data to the network for a total of 2000 flights, are there situations where I would see less than 2000 flights showing up in my network tab, and if so, why?
--j.

DaveReid

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:49 PM »
I would expect that any user with no aircraft showing in MyFlights (or with Process Hardware Flights turned off, which comes to the same thing) should see the same network flights as any other user on the same plan (subject to having the same timeouts, obviously).

There may be some differences between the delayed and live network totals as flights come and go, but I would expect those to be minor.

ACW367

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 10:53:39 PM »
If you are sharing, the number of ADS-B aircraft shown between both your myflights and network will be the same as any other user. 

Example: Say exactly 1000 ADS-B aircraft are available to the Network from the input of all users (including yourself).

If your myflights at that moment only contains one ADS-B flight (regardless if you have hundreds of non-ADS-B), your network will show the other 999 ADS-B available aircraft.  If another user at exactly the same moment has 90 ADS-B in myflights, they will not be duplicated in network count, so that his network will show the remaining 910.

So at a given moment one user shows 999 network, another shows 910 network.  However Both users are still seeing the exact total of the 1000 ADS-B flights when combined with their individual myflight totals.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 11:04:17 PM »
With some small differences depending on what TIMEOUT settings each user has set.