anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox disconnects  (Read 6324 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Radarbox disconnects
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 09:14:54 AM »
Crikey, what a long and detailed reply!

I use my 2 RadarBoxes in a multitude of locations as my job takes me all over the country.  As far as I'm concerned, ALMOST all USB cables are identical - apart from the case I described regarding the lack of power connections - so life is too short to remember which cable came with USB device.  I just grab the next cable out of the drawer or my bag/box of cables!

Don't know what you are trying to suggest about my 'flawless' operation - just plain fact and also maybe due to nearly 30 years of playing with computers :-)

You seem to be trying to say that that the USB cable supplied with RB is not as good as all those other USB cables out there - well, I disagree - they are hardly hi-tech items and are all much of a muchness!

eggplant

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 10:04:52 AM »
- well, I disagree - they are hardly hi-tech items and are all much of a muchness!

I'm sure they are much of a muchness, with the exception that (going by the reports on the forum), the supplied one is often associated with disconnects - whereas better quality ones (e.g. shielded and/or with ferrite cores) tend not to be associated with disconnects.

Thanks for your interesting input on the subject.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Allocator

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 10:08:56 AM »
We will agree to disagree then.  Mountains and Molehills come to mind.

eggplant

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
Agreed. Rose tinted glasses come to my mind !

All the best
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Allocator

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 04:07:45 PM »
No, just pure FACT!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 05:27:20 PM »
Hi Eggplant and Allocator - the usb lead that came with my RB (Nov/Dec '08) was totally u/s (W&S sent a replacement with my RB, when they sent my RB back with a new board fitted - RB working brilliantly since new pcb) but substituting the USB lead from one of our cameras did the trick.     As regards the power supply, since I've been using the Lindy Active USB Hub and 12m extension, reception has improved substantially and consistently.  The quality of USB leads does vary quite a bit, same as co-ax, some has much better screening.    Just my 10 penn'orth!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:32:28 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

eggplant

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2010, 06:28:58 PM »
No, just pure FACT!

"pure FACT" ???  By your own admission you haven't even seen an instance of the problem that is under discussion ! With respect, I really do not understand how/why you clearly have strong opinions on subject matter that you appear to be less than qualified to comment on... could you not simply have stated " I have not seen this problem", and retained an open mind ???

As for your "mountains/molehills " comment - some users (me included) do consider the problem of random disconnection to be metaphorically aligned closer to a "mountain" than a "molehill". Many users leave the RB unattended during the working day - and/or overnight , and wish to view the logs at a later time. I'm sure you'd agree random disconnection is a problem in this scenario.

In summary, I think enough has been said on this matter. Let's just leaves the users to come to their own conclusions.

All the best

Allocator

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »
Yes, you have the last word!