anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pre-Release Final EXE Available  (Read 7598 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Pre-Release Final EXE Available
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 02:11:27 PM »
My AMD Athlon 64 3200+ running at 2GHz with 2 GB of RAM is struggling a bit with RB 3D.  The PC is probably in need of a bit of a 'refresh' as it must be 2 or 3 years since I did my last upgrade.

However, using Hardware Medium and Network Minimum and update rates of 10 sec and 60 sec, it's quite usable.  Deselecting Network flights does speed things up considerably, but not enough to allow maximum settings for Hardware flights.

Ha! Not meant as a criticism, more as an acknowledgement that my PC is getting a bit 'long in the tooth'.  Just the excuse I need to go out and but a new bag of 'bits' to install - or do I just buy a new PC - I always have this discussion with myself - lol

My previous guide to when I needed to upgrade was when a new version of MS Flight Simulator was launched :-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:23 PM »
"My previous guide to when I needed to upgrade was when a new version of MS Flight Simulator was launched :-)"

Same here... :-)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 03:28:34 PM »
Anyone know how to get this working.  I've tried things like
          http://localhost:7895/aircraft.kmz
          localhost:7895/aircraft.kmz
          http://localhost:7895/aircrafthw.kmz
          localhost:7895/aircrafthw.kmz
But with no success.  I'd like to beta test this undocumented feature if anyone knows the precise syntax of the network link.   Thanks.

I give up.  I can't get this working.  Connections to/from port 7895 show up okay in netlimiter, but no aircraft appear in Google Earth.

I can get http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANRB_3D/google_earth.php to work an my browser though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 03:32:37 PM by tarbat »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
Anyone know how to get this working.  I've tried things like
          http://localhost:7895/aircraft.kmz
          localhost:7895/aircraft.kmz
          http://localhost:7895/aircrafthw.kmz
          localhost:7895/aircrafthw.kmz
But with no success.  I'd like to beta test this undocumented feature if anyone knows the precise syntax of the network link.   Thanks.

I give up.  I can't get this working.  Connections to/from port 7895 show up okay in netlimiter, but no aircraft appear in Google Earth.

I can get http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANRB_3D/google_earth.php to work an my browser though.

Hi Tarbat,

This 'feature' may not be available in the final release. There is still much more development that need to be done to get this 'feature' to work correctly, so for this release we're focusing on the embedded plug-in. If you have specific questions about the full GE connection or would like more details how to get it setup, please send me an email offline.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 03:45:48 PM »
I've just had one more instance of a  red 'x' in the 3D info balloon. Not sure why I didn't get the "Photo not available" picture. This time its a military aircraft and the 2D interface is showing the aircraft type as spaces. See screenshots below.

pjm,

If you get the broken thumbnail image again, could you try right-clicking on the broken and image and choose "properties" and find out what the URL of that broken image is. My initial hunch is that your install might be missing a local image file (which isn't included in the app installer yet).

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »
This 'feature' may not be available in the final release. There is still much more development that need to be done to get this 'feature' to work correctly, so for this release we're focusing on the embedded plug-in. If you have specific questions about the full GE connection or would like more details how to get it setup, please send me an email offline.

Don't worry then, if it may not be avialable in the final release.  I was just following up on pjm's reported problem of "there were a lot of model errors through the google earth interface... ".

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »
If you get the broken thumbnail image again, could you try right-clicking on the broken and image and choose "properties" and find out what the URL of that broken image is. My initial hunch is that your install might be missing a local image file (which isn't included in the app installer yet).

3D

This one is very rare - I've only seen it once, so likely it won't pop up for a while. What is different from the other "unknown/photo not available" ones is the 3x spaces in the interface (instead of 3x dots), so I'm thinking if you can look at the 2D interface code and work out why it put 3 spaces in there instead of 3 dots for the unknown type, you can probably put the same code in the 3D parser.

tegron

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2010, 08:31:33 AM »
Hi, here's a summary of my tests:

A. Problems
1. 3D map automatically turns to offscreen at startup or when 3D map is opened (black space with stars is shown). You have to manually reposition the GE-map.
2. Same happens in operation while the ANRB window isn't in front for a certain time. The time varies, sometimes it happens after 10 minutes, sometimes longer.
3. Indicated flight directions of flights sometimes differ between 2D and 3D map view (observed with settings at minimum).
4. While zooming in/out or while moving the 3D map flight icons will appear/disappear. It seems as if the flight icons are blocked out once they get inside an "invisible area" (which seems to be circular around the map center).

Here's a link to a video demonstrating the above problems in FLV and WMV format:http://cid-deecd52e5e00005a.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public

B. Comments
1. General performance is fine/acceptable (Quadcore 2.6 GHz, Win7, 4 GB, NVidia 8800), while the app is unresponsive for a second or two with settings at max. and a high network traffic count. Interestingly to see is that RAM usage of the GEplugin.exe peaks to around 1.5 GB at times.
2.Observed CPU loads (settings at maximum):
a. Low network traffic count (< 400 flights):
- ANRB.exe: normal ~5%, peaks to ~25%
- GEplugin.exe: normal ~20%, peaks to ~35%
b. High network traffic count (> 1000 flights)
- ANRB.exe: normal ~10%, peaks to ~35%
- GEplugin.exe: normal ~30%, peaks to ~60%
3. Custom kml files need to be named with lower case characters to be shown in the external kml manager.

C. Suggestions
1. Introduce a synchronize maps feature, so that both maps show the same area.
2. Add an option to hide the mapcontrols of the 3D map (compass, orientation, pan) as in GE.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2010, 01:33:23 PM »
Topic closed, a new one is being open.