anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pre-Release Final EXE Available  (Read 7607 times)

EMA

Re: Pre-Release Final EXE Available
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »
I still seem to be suffering from the Preferences window jumping to the background and therefore making the RB interface unresponsive.  Selected 3D View from menu bar, Preferences window appeared for a split second and disappeared.  ow all that happens when I click anywhere on the RB interface is a Windows 'bong' noise.

Got to go out now, I'll try again later.

I was supplied with an updated exe which fixed the issue of pop up windows disappearing.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »
Okay, understood.  So, summary of a day's testing:

1. Need an option to startup in 2D mode.

2. Find a more "user-friendly" way of coping with any Google plugin failures.  Might help to reduce the number of problem tickets!!

3. The "Use Only 3D Aircraft Models (if available)" tickbox needs to be disabled if Performance isn't set to maximum.

4. If you select a smaller size for the aircraft model in preferences, then the 2D icon of an aircraft should also reduce in size so that it is a similar size to a 3D model.

5. When I switch back to the 2D map, the map is zoomed out a lot further than it was before I went into the 3D map.  The 2D map should retain all it's settings even if you switch to the 3D map and then back.

6. Is Radarbox meant to remember what external KMLs you've selected?  I just restarted Radarbox, and it's forgotten that I selected the UK airspace and global cloud cover KMLs.

7. I managed to get the 3D view locked in full-screen mode.  I think this is what I did, but I haven't been able to re-produce it again.
   - Pressed ESC to goto full screen.
   - Pressed ESC to exit full screen.
   - Pressed the "Exit Full Screen" button.

This version has been very stable all day.

Tarbat,

Thanks for your feedback--these are very helpful. We are looking into resolving these items now.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 10:45:40 PM »
1. Need an option to startup in 2D mode.

I'd like an option to start up in "split screen" mode too.

I suspect either of these would slow down the ANRB startup significantly though.

Here whenever I switch to a mode with a 2D screen (map view/split view) it takes ANRB 5-10 seconds to build the screen. Switching to a 3D only mode is almost instant.

Presumably this is the reason ANRB 3D starts up, "hardware connected" and displaying aircraft - far faster than ANRB 2D (v3.13 ).

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 11:18:43 PM »
Presumably this is the reason ANRB 3D starts up, "hardware connected" and displaying aircraft - far faster than ANRB 2D (v3.13 ).

Even more good reason to have the option of 2D or 3D at startup.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:21:43 PM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 02:48:28 AM »
I've just had one more instance of a  red 'x' in the 3D info balloon. Not sure why I didn't get the "Photo not available" picture. This time its a military aircraft and the 2D interface is showing the aircraft type as spaces. See screenshots below.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 04:27:33 AM »
Just had a 3D model fail to appear for an extended period (It did eventually appear after about 5 minutes of displaying the trails sans model). fyi there were a lot of model errors through the google earth interface as well... Screenshots below.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 10:34:34 AM »
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but using the "Start Tour" button doesn't cycle through the aircraft in 3D view.

I would have thought this would be really useful for demo PCs in shops, etc. for RB to cycle through the aircraft in the 3D view.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2010, 10:36:12 AM »
fyi there were a lot of model errors through the google earth interface as well... Screenshots below.

How do you access RB data in Google Earth?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2010, 11:45:19 AM »
Thanks.  I've entered "localhost port 7895 aircraft.kmz aircrafthw.kmz" but get nothing.  What's the exact wording for the network link?

Frank

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21:43 PM »
Tarbat wrote:

Must say that this version appears to be very stable, although it's pushing my 2.8GHz dual-core pentium to close to 100% a lot of the time.  I guess a better graphics card would help, I'm just using the Radeon X1300 graphics built-in to my Dell PC :(
[/quote]

I have a dual-core 2.4 GHZ Pentium with 4GB mem and a 9400GT NVidia Videocard with 1GB of mem . When I set the performance option to maximum (both myflights and network flights) my system freezes every now and then (CPU usage nearly 100%). After 5-8 secs the system moves on. I have attached a screenshot of the Msgs/sec after such a 'freezing' periode. The number between brackets is quite remarkable (I have seen a number over 1600). When the max performance network option is set to minimum, problems are over.

I still wonder what the specs are for a system, where these 'problems' do not occur, and should there be a warning for future customers, who like this great feature and might be disappointed when they cannot fully enjoy this add-on, when your system is a bit slow(?).

The little bug in the Regional Dutch settings (wrong home location) still exists.

Frank

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2010, 12:40:16 PM »
My AMD Athlon 64 3200+ running at 2GHz with 2 GB of RAM is struggling a bit with RB 3D.  The PC is probably in need of a bit of a 'refresh' as it must be 2 or 3 years since I did my last upgrade.

However, using Hardware Medium and Network Minimum and update rates of 10 sec and 60 sec, it's quite usable.  Deselecting Network flights does speed things up considerably, but not enough to allow maximum settings for Hardware flights.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2010, 01:37:44 PM »
The 'Show only Fleet Watch Flights on Map' doesn't work with the 3D map - not sure if it is supposed to, or if this is only a 2D map option?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2010, 02:00:25 PM »
Just a brief point of situation:
1- We are still working on some minor corrections;
2- The minimum specifications are those you can find for Google Earth ( http://earth.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=20701 ). This is a complex application and will not properly run on "weaker" computers.
3- We will not add any new feature/request at this time. Basially what we are looking is for the application to be stable, which it seems to be. Bugs will be corrected and unfortunately requests will only be developed for future upgrades.

Keep the reports coming. We will have more news in 2 days.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »
Thanks.  I've entered "localhost port 7895 aircraft.kmz aircrafthw.kmz" but get nothing.  What's the exact wording for the network link?

Anyone know how to get this working.  I've tried things like
http://localhost:7895/aircraft.kmz
localhost:7895/aircraft.kmz
http://localhost:7895/aircrafthw.kmz
localhost:7895/aircrafthw.kmz

But with no success.  I'd like to beta test this undocumented feature if anyone knows the precise syntax of the network link.   Thanks.