anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pre-Release Final EXE Available  (Read 7550 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Pre-Release Final EXE Available
« on: January 28, 2010, 11:41:51 PM »
After 2 months of continuous beta testing and 2 permanent programmers working on the 3D interface we are releasing today what we expect to be a very final beta version of AirNav RadarBox 3D.

The current status is simple: all reported bugs are now corrected and the application seems to be 100% stable.

You can download it from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/401Beta/anrb.exe

Replace your current exe with this one.
The more feedback we get the better as we do want to release this application in 5 to 10 days.

Note: if you haven't done it yet you need to download and install the application from
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/400Beta/ANRB400BetaSetup.exe
and of course don't forget to overwrite the exe from this installer with the one above.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: Pre-Release Final EXE Available
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »
Seems to be a regression from the last beta. The 3D cluster buttons are locked in position and not movable.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »
Pjm: can you explain again your report?
I believe you are referring to the 3D panel on the top: we do confirm they are fixed now and are not movable but this is not a regression: this is something we want to see, at least fr now, implemented in the application.

Regarding the rest of the application: we are specifically focusing on reliability, performance, freezes, crashes. Any reports on this would be extremely helpful.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:17:50 PM »
Okay, downloaded the full install, and then replaced with the new exe.

Just a brief test, but after a couple of minutes of spinning the 3D view around to look at aircraft, etc. Radarbox has locked, consuming 49% CPU (ie. all of one core).  Had to kill it after 5 minutes of it using 49% CPU.

Screenshot:

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »
Second problem.  Restarted RB, and after a couple of minutes, got this series of errors.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 05:29:43 PM »
Second problem.  Restarted RB, and after a couple of minutes, got this series of errors.

Hello tarbat,

The first error dialog you show indicates that the Google Earth plug-in crashed. The second error dialog indicates that the RB app cannot connect to the plug-in (which is expected unfortunately when the plug-in is not responsive). Do you have any idea why the plug-in might have crashed? What was happening at the time of this event? Did you have hardware+network flights both displaying and set to "maximum" in the performance? It's not uncommon for the plug-in to sometimes crash if it's trying to display 1000+ aircraft in 'maximum' mode (it can run out of memory). If you could provide us with some more details about what was going on when this happened, it would be very helpful.

Thanks!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 05:38:02 PM »
Do you have any idea why the plug-in might have crashed?
Sorry, no.

What was happening at the time of this event?
I was watching a Ryanair depart from Aberdeen.  No mouse or keyboard interation at the time.

Did you have hardware+network flights both displaying and set to "maximum" in the performance?
Hardware flights only.  Set to "Medium".

Maybe you could find a more "user-friendly" way of coping with the Google plugin failing.  Might help to reduce the number of problem tickets!!

I've re-booted and re-started ANRB, will let you know if it happens again.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:31:19 PM by tarbat »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
One bit of feedback, and I might have missed this during previous testing.

Is there an option somewhere to tell Radarbox to startup in 2D mode instead of 3D?   As someone who prefers 2D, but might use 3D occasionally, I would like the option to startup RB in 2D, and select 3D if I want it.

EMA

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 06:21:13 PM »
One bit of feedback, and I might have missed this during previous testing.

Is there an option somewhere to tell Radarbox to startup in 2D mode instead of 3D?   As someone who prefers 2D, but might use 3D occasionally, I would like the option to startup RB in 2D, and select 3D if I want it.

When I last asked I was told that was not possible at the moment.

I agree it would be nice.

I also had the same script error as you on a previous beta last week. The Google Earth plugin got it's knickers in a twist and I had to restart the program.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:24:34 PM by EMA »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
I believe you are referring to the 3D panel on the top: we do confirm they are fixed now and are not movable but this is not a regression: this is something we want to see, at least fr now, implemented in the application.

Yes that was what I was referring to. If that is the current design then I guess its working correctly...

btw - it formats correctly on my 22" monitor, hopefully it looks ok on smaller screens.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 08:35:19 PM by pjm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »
Regarding the rest of the application: we are specifically focusing on reliability, performance, freezes, crashes. Any reports on this would be extremely helpful.

The app itself seems quite stable here. There are a few "access violations" being generated in the ANRB.ELF file though...

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »
Is there an option somewhere to tell Radarbox to startup in 2D mode instead of 3D? 

yes - its called ANRB v3.13 :)

Frank

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2010, 07:24:44 AM »
After I renewed my expired Network Account and paid for an additional year, 3D does not work anymore. Only 2D..

Frank

EMA

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2010, 07:42:28 AM »
It is stable on both Vista and Win 7 although for some reason with the latest Beta exe I found my home position to be in the middle of the Atlantic. When I do a find home location it resets it until the next time I start the program.

I decided to do a full complete re-install but the default is not where it should be and it is not remembering the home location after a restart.

Overall the 3D program is looking very good and it is nice to be able to see a pilots view on climb out and landing.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
Since the initial crashes I had, this version seems stable.

One problem, and this might be my poor understanding of how this is meant to work.  I've ticked the box "Use only 3D aircraft models (if available)".

However, I only see a 3D model on the currently selected aircraft.  Here's an example:

As soon as I double-click on another aircraft, I lose the 3D model of the first aircraft.  I have also tried reloading the GE plugin.