anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Adding/Editing Coastlines  (Read 2679 times)

smithgd

Adding/Editing Coastlines
« on: January 28, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
Hi

I've had a look on the forum and web about outline files and have a question. I know how to add new files and have found some high res coastal files but when I add them they are just overlayed over the original low res coastal outline.

How do I remove the low res outline, I can't find any .out file it my be related too?

Cheers
smithgd

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Adding/Editing Coastlines
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:53:58 AM »
Map menu...General Signs...Country Boundaries

Hope that helps :-)

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 07:37:31 AM »
I've had a look on the forum and web about outline files and have a question. I know how to add new files and have found some high res coastal files but when I add them they are just overlayed over the original low res coastal outline.

How do I remove the low res outline, I can't find any .out file it my be related too?

You don't say which hi-res coastine you have loaded, but assuming it's the UK then your low-res coastlines for the rest of the world need to be minus the UK, otherwise you will experience the effect that you are seeing.

Try these: www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Download/OUT_General.zip
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

smithgd

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 02:00:22 PM »
Thanks Rod, obvious really :-)

So now that the coast line is in High res....how do I change the underlying map to match it?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »
Sorry, smithgd, but the map is fixed in the software - but you can download the NASA satellite images which are a better fit.

Rod
Rod