AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: troubles with ground possition  (Read 2940 times)

vonsmalhausen

troubles with ground possition
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:40:33 AM »
hi all, since yesterday evening i have problems with my RB showing flights in final aproach turning in to "ground"
first of all : i simply can not pick up planes on the ground from where i live, and it never happend before, what happens is that when planes get around the NDB station of the landing rwy, the symbol representing the plane stops there, and the altitude reading drops quickly to 0-170, thus showing "Ground"
in  fact what happens is, at the point where i normally lose contact with the plane and it turnes in to "Timeout" it now goes into "Ground", but instead of dissapearing from the map, they just stay there "parked" in the aproach.
does somebody else have or had this problem to, and how do i resolve this ?
to give a idee what i'm talking about, i included 2 screenshots, the first is what i see after some "landings" in full vieuw, the second i took a bit later, after a restart with just the RB screenshot function.
any help on this is more than welcome.
thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: troubles with ground possition
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 10:03:06 AM »
I can't really see what your first picture 006.bmp shows, as it's too small.

Do you have your airport set in the SmartView tab and is the 'Auto Set QNH' box ticked?

What do you have set in Preference>RadarBox>Transition Altitude in the 'Above this altitude will be shown as Flight Levels'?  The pressure is very high at the moment 1042 at EGCC Manchester.

Are these aircraft you can see on the ground Network tracks, or are they from your antenna - do you have Preferences>General>Lable set to show Network aircraft with a '*'?

Lastly, what do you have set in your Preferences>RadarBox>Timeout settings?

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:37:06 AM »
i had JFK in "Smartvieuw", changed it in to BRU now, and the auto QNH box was ticked.
transition altitude is set to 5000ft
all these flights are from my antenna and the "*" for network flights is set
timeout settings are for local 30 sec and 35 to hide, network is 60sec and 70 to hide
as i said, i changed the smartvieuw to BRU, but sofar no changes in the "ground" possitions

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:58:18 AM »
i just lauched RB on my desktop, and there all functions as it should be ; flights to low for my antenna are showing as networkflights and then timeout and dissapear, so it has to be a software problem and not my box that is faulty ( big releave )
i'll réinstall RB software on my laptop this evening and see what happens, have to go to work now.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
I looked at EBBR using Network data only (probably your data!) and everything looked OK to me.  If you are viewing tracks picked up by your antenna, then the QNH will make a significant difference. especially with the very high pressures at the moment.

vonsmalhausen

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 08:04:13 PM »
thanks for the info and help Allocater, just back from work now and launched my RB on the laptop, everything seems to be back to normal again, do i did'nd change anything else then the smartvieuw settings.
as for the network data you picked up from EBBR, it come's from somebody else ; my antenna is indoors, with a very limited vieuw, only when they use rwy 02 like today, i get a decent vieuw on what comes in to BRU, that's why i like the real-time network so much.
plans are to install a outdoor antenna this summer on the roof, that will make a huge difference.