anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: must i wait?  (Read 12414 times)

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
Re: must i wait?
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 07:00:12 PM »
Put me down for multilateration too.

Stuart

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 07:54:56 PM »
Just wonder if it's feasible.  A hardware addon that adds the all-important timing signal needed for MLAT.

If we are talking about hardware add-ons it should also include an ethernet port :)

bratters

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »

Just wonder if it's feasible.  A hardware addon that adds the all-important timing signal needed for MLAT.

When you say hardware addon, do you have in mind a separate additional USB-fed box and aerial together with software that would work in conjunction with v3.13?

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »
My vote's for MLat also.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Johnn

• Y'ello
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 10:38:56 PM »
Hi, Please could some explain what ''multilateration is?
Thank you
John
Johnn -

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 10:47:58 PM »
Hi, Please could some explain what ''multilateration is?

In this context, a method of using several ModeS receivers to locate and plot on the map aircraft not transmitting ADS/B.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multilateration

Fenris

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 11:22:07 PM »

I suspect it would be quite difficult, the problem is that you have to have a hardware timer that timestamps the decoded frame, this needs to be in the same piece of hardware. Because the RB passes the data bits over USB as a series of bytes and then does the decode in the PC it means that there is no opportunity to attach such a timestamp.

I reckon it would take a complete hardware redesign and software rewrite.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 11:41:11 PM »
Very interesting to see how a simple twitter post generated so much debate amongst our users and especially (taking in account other internet sites) amongst RadarBox competitors.

What we can say is simple: unlike "other" manufacturers of Virtual Radars, we have always delivered what we promised - our users know that and that explains the huge success of RadarBox.

That's what's behind AirNav Systems: be honest and fair with users and innovate, always. Our users also know that when they need support we're here to answer their support tickets 365 days per year (Saturdays and Sundays included). And at AirNav users can be in direct contact with the development team - we don' hide behind our distributors: they can contact the dealers, the distributor, our Support and our Development Team - everyone.

Also we don't hide behind "independent" forums created by the most active users of our competitors product. Adding to this we don't hide behind proxies so we don't show our identity to other forum users.

We are here to answer your questions directly. This is AirNav, an innovative company with reliable products that will always be in the side of their clients - never playing games behind the scenes.

Like we've told before, the new product will easily be a winner, something never seen in this area and something that only AirNav Systems quality and innovation can bring to this market. We are setting the standards one more time.

Expect great news - development has just started.
And for this week we will have a present to all Flight Simulator Fans out there. Stay tuned!

bratters

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Right now I have 107 flights on MyFlights.
If I click the ADS-B Only and I'm down to 53.
Ask me what I would like and it's a no-brainer.

Multilateration may or may not be what Airnav has in mind, but I suspect it's what many want and would be prepared to pay for - both in terms of purchase and subscription.

dxman

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 10:11:06 AM »
I wanted to change the toolbar layout, there is a lot off unused space on my widescreen monitor