AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Map won't display  (Read 3898 times)

addycat

Map won't display
« on: January 21, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »
Hi Everyone,

On a visit to East Midlands today, when I switched on my RB today the software loaded up fine, but I couldn't get the map to display at all. It was tracking the aircraft but without a location map it wasn't much use. I tried rebooting the computer there and since again at home, but still no joy. I have also since tried reinstalling the updated software but it still won't display. Everything was working fine on Sunday when I last used it. Everything is fine on my PC at home, its just on my laptop.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and could provide a quick fix?

Thanks in advance.

John

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Map won't display
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
When you say that the map won't display, do you mean that it isn't there and the aircraft list covers the whole screen, or is the map window there with nothing in it?

What happens when you use Map>Open and open the default map?

addycat

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 07:11:54 PM »
The map window is there but there is nothing in it - just a lovely shade of grey! When I click on "Restore Desktop" from the Window menu it says "Creating map" but then goes back to grey. Nothing happens when I try to open the default map either.
Most strange....

Allocator

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 08:11:23 PM »
OK, what version of the RB software are you using?  I'm sure that I saw this problem with one of the early Beta test software versions.  Use the Help >About menu option

If you right click on the grey map window, does a menu appear with a Close
Map option?

addycat

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:35:56 PM »
It's running the newest 3.13 software version and I even tried reinstalling the software this afternoon to see if that would help. I've tried closing the map through the map menu and it disappears (along with all the map icons on the toolbar) but then I can't open any other maps after that. When I try to right click on the grey mapless area all I get is the hourglass "waiting" logo and nothing happens. Its almost as if there is a missing display driver but I can't find anything wrong.
Thanks for your help.

Allocator

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
Next bright idea!

After you have closed the map using Map>Open/Save>Close Map (the icons should disappear on the toolbar)

- Try Map>Open/Save>Open Map

- Do you get a window with a list of maps?  If you do, try opening one other than default.ml3

addycat

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 09:06:51 PM »
This is the weird thing - it will let me close the "map", open a new open, scroll around, zoom in, click on all of the icon buttons etc - there just is nothing there!!!!
In desperation I've just deleted the software completely and I'm downloading again from scratch. Starting to think its a problem with the memory or the graphics card on the laptop.

Allocator

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 09:20:02 PM »
Running out of ideas here :-(

Try Window>Tile Vertically just in case your map widow has disappeared behind your aircraft list.  That will give you an empty grey box instead of the map.

When you open a map, do you see scroll bars to the right and bottom of the map window?

Have you tried zooming out all the way to make sure that you haven't zoomed in too far to see anything?  If you double click on an aircraft with a tracking 'globe' in the MyFlights list, the map should jump to display that aircraft, no matter what the zoom level is.

Have you tried doing a satellite map download?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 09:23:32 PM by Allocator »

addycat

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
Complete software reload has fixed it (hopefully).

Thanks for all your help - if you're in the East Midlands area I owe you a pint!

John

Allocator

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »
I get around!  My pleasure, some people do crossword puzzles, I like exercising my mind in a different way.

Just shout if you have any more problems, there's usually somebody here who can come up with a solution :-)