AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SHARE YOUR DATA  (Read 20965 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: SHARE YOUR DATA
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 10:57:23 PM »
During the day we have now about 80 stations sharing the data, during the night in Europe we have about 40 - these 40 completely cover almost all european continent so there is no loss of coverage at that time.

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 11:03:21 AM »
I can see a good bit of europe without the network what I want to see is American air traffic and they do not seem to be sharing or you do not have any users there!

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »
If you want to see all US Air Traffic, best to look into Live Flight Tracker. That will suit your needs.

Its not that we don't have customers there, its more the size of the US and the fact that ADS-B is still in early stages in the US (30-40% of flights have ADS-B) while in Europe we enjoy a 70%+ ratio on occasions.

Don't worry though, new customers are setting up all the time and its exciting to see parts of the world appearing.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 11:42:35 AM »
This is a view from London today

I can see nothing flying in USA but if I go to Planeploter I can see there are indeed many.

So come on you guys start sharing

Cheers

[attachment deleted by admin]
CHRIS @ ML&S

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 02:00:12 PM »
As I said our users are sharing their data. We have had records of 95 stations sharing at the same time and we now have continuosly, on average, 80 staions sharing from all continents. New great locations are being added daily, including Dubai, Kuwait, Azores and next week, Buenos Aires.

ADS-S is in early stages in the US, contrary to Europe where more than 75% of the traffic uses it (10% in the US).

For users that want to track flights in the US we have our popular (more than 20 thousand subscribers now) AirNav Live Flight Tracker which gets data directly from th US Radar System and shows ALL IFR traffic over the US and Canada.

Have a look at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/tracker

It is being used from enthusiasts to major airlines.
For Europe the explanation is above.

PS: to actually see which station are sharing it is not a good idea to see how many flight are shown since at night there are 5% of the flights compared to daytime. For that purpose check:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/network.php

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »
I take your comments on board but I still see much more US mode S traffic on PlanePlotter  than I do the radar box and I am curious why!

It is good to see other countries coming along and the traffic increase is great!

Have a good weekend

CHRIS @ ML&S

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2008, 06:45:58 PM »
I take your comments on board but I still see much more US mode S traffic on PlanePlotter  than I do the radar box and I am curious why!

It is good to see other countries coming along and the traffic increase is great!

Have a good weekend

I little traffic in the USA using PlanePlotter.  Are you sure that you have your PP maps calibrated correctly?  Can you post a screenshot?

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:34 PM »
I will try a post on Monday as I am out of the office until then.

Can the network carry data on aircraft that do not give there positional data?

Also has anyone output the Radarbox over Microsoft maps yet? I find them so much better than Google Earth.

Interesting on Allocator's picture not much over Italy and Ireland what time of day was it taken?

Have a good weekend

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
Interesting on Allocator's picture not much over Italy and Ireland what time of day was it taken?

Have a good weekend

Regards

The screenshot time is as the time of the post - 1945 UTC

There can't be many sharing tonight, as still don't have much showing on PP outside the the area you can see on the screenshot.  I usually get much more than this in Europe, but I just don't see much activity in the USA whatever time I look.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2008, 11:41:23 PM »
In the USA only 10% of traffic carries ADS-B (position report) so you will never see too much traffic there on RadarBox network.

Again and one more time if you want to see traffic in the USA Live with data directly coming from the FAA and Canadian Radar System (usually 6000 flights at each time) use AirNav Live Flight Tracker. It is the most widely used software of its type.

Planeplotter shows you random locations with 20 or 30 flights in the USA while AirNav Live Flight Tracker shows you ALL THE TRAFFIC. We get the data from the US Radar System directly from their computers!

For Europe or other places of the earth: of course RadarBox is much better as the graphics and data quality cannot be compared with PlanePlotter. The usage of AirNav Systems software by many airlines and airports (for both RadarBox and Live Flight Tracker) shows it all. And RadarBox network is growing daily.

To finalize RadarBox Network is the first worldwide flight tracking system available. We are not other competitors that say, for 2 years, that will release a network of flight data but never developed it.

AirNav has it, it works, it is cheap and being used by more an more users daily. :-)

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 05:41:57 PM »
Can I use Flight Tracker on screen with the Radar box and amalgamate the data?

What benifit is the ACARS add on with the Radar Box?

I know it is the only one I am trying to get answers to questions I get asked daily and hopefully benifit other users.

Regards

Chris @ ML&S
CHRIS @ ML&S

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 06:01:40 PM »
No problem with the questions, thats what we are here for:

Can I use Flight Tracker on screen with the Radar box and amalgamate the data?

The Live Flight Tracker Data is not shown on RadarBox, but we may add this in the future. You can have them open both at the same time.

What benifit is the ACARS add on with the Radar Box?

It allows you quickly find out which aircraft which is being tracked on ADS-B is also being picked up on ACARS. You can view there messages in RadarBox and it provides a nice interface between the two.

Its a great to read the information being sent such as reasons of diversions and expected arrival and then checking whether they match up.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Dub33

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 03:08:55 PM »
Hi AirNav Development,

Any merit in including a wi fi capability in the next geneation of AirNav box, or better still adding it on to the current box, that we all have.

The radar box could potentially remain "switched on" all day and connected to both a households wi fi network & the Air Nav network, so that a near enough H24 capabiity could be built into the network ?

Practically,  an additional benefit would mean less wires running from a PC \ Laptop to the anntenae in a household.

Just my suggestion, maybe its already been considered \ made by other forum users \ or not feasible.

Regards

ChrisGR

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
From Live Flight Tracker 6

North of Miami

This is amazing!!!

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 08:58:32 PM »
That looks very good. I have also been watching JFK take a look at this

Sent from another forum

What a superb asset the http://www4.passur.com/jfk.html is.

I was just having a look at the site when I spotted an aircraft running
parallel with another on approach. At what seemed a very late moment it
veered on to the glide path then turned 180 deg. And "went around" before
making a correct approach.
The aircraft was described as a E135. Flight # EGF673 from RDU.
I have captured a Video of the screen but its too big for my webpage.

If you want to see this.. Goto the website and put the date of
19-January-2008- and with the time of 09-28
Select speed of 10x press start. When you see the planes left
click the one on your right which will change to RED.
If you want to keep it in sight for the duration also select range of 20
Miles.

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S