anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A brand new user  (Read 4251 times)

nazareth

A brand new user
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:05:07 AM »
The parcel arrived yesterday so having ripped it open I tried to install – having uninstalled it for the third time I decided to disconnect everything and start from scratch after a good night’s sleep.  The major issue I have is that it did not work first time from the Quick Install Guide and after much headscratching it came down to Driver issues (i.e. it did not install one).  So a quick look at the help and in there it tells me that I should not install hardware until software installed!! Quick install disc packet says the exact opposite!! My machine is running 64-bit Windows 7.  So here I am now with the disc in its packet and the various bits of Radarbox fastened together but NOT connected to the USB. Questions:
1.   Do I connect with the laptop turned off or on?
2.   Does Windows 7 have issues with the default installation folder – do I need to remove the “Program Files” bit from the destination as in Vista?

Malcolm

nazareth

Re: A brand new user
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 08:10:51 AM »
Further question:

Do I disable Security before installing?

Malcolm

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 12:46:38 PM »
Hi Malcolm and welcome!    I've also (rather painfully) gone the Win 7 64-bit route, and now having got things sorted am reaping the benefits - it is much faster than Vista.    Do you get to the stage where you're prompted to enter "Station Information" and can't get out of the cycle?     As with Vista, I've installed 3.13 to "C:\AirNav System\AirNav RadarBox\"....   folder, plugged in RB, would it find the drivers and would it work - No.   Removed RB, shut machince down, re-started (no RB), loaded V2.01 from CD - all OK - enter PGANRB1 + Serial No., get to screen prompt for Stn Info, enter info, connect RB and Voila - still no connection/drivers. Shut machine down again, re-start and plug in RB - go to control panel, device manager, and there's RB with yellow triangle under other devices, told pc I wanted to update drivers and then on next option told pc to go to C:\AirNav Systems|AirNav RadarBox\Drivers and voila, it loaded drivers.    Start RB software and all OK.    Shut down again.    Re-start, go to Control Pane - Programs, uninstall RB2009 v2.01, shut down, re-start with RB connected, clicked on RB2010  v3.13 ands everything working as it should do, a long work around (took 40 minutes probably) buyt it worked for me as a total techno-numpty - I hope it helps!   Give it a try and let us know.   I'm running Norton 360 v3.0 - no problems.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

nazareth

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2010, 01:33:10 PM »
I am starting with 2009 v2.01 - that's confusion enough for the moment! I'll have a go now and let you know - thanks for the reply.

Malcolm

nazareth

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »
I now have it installed - Device manager shows it there with the yellow triangle - updating the drivers however leads to the result "Best driver installed" - the RB is connected but the blue light is flashing?????? I haven't seen a screen prompting Station Information since the very first time I tried to install last night.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 02:05:06 PM »
Hi Malcolm, are you getting any a/c showing, the white led and blue should be flashing when messages are being received, if only the blue is showing - flashing once per second, no messages are being received.   If you go into File - Preferences, you'll find a page for home station information.     Enter geographical position in Long/Lat. eg 50.017443 and -5.256482 for me being west of Greenwich, if east of Greenwich no - sign required, I ended up somewhere in France till I put in the "-"!    Preferences once applied should be saved.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:09:39 PM by CoastGuardJon »
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 03:05:18 PM »
Windows 7/ Vista 64bit requires different drivers. The install of these is explained at:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

nazareth

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 03:50:40 PM »
I spotted that a few minutes ago on the buyer page - downloaded the driver package unzipped it installed it and - hey presto! - lights bells whistles and aircraft plotting!!
I'll look into the File-Preferences section and sort out the Home bit too.

Thanks to all for their help

Malcolm