AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photos  (Read 4372 times)

tornado

Photos
« on: January 15, 2010, 07:14:56 PM »
Hi,
How do I add photos of aircraft to my AirNav radar box?

I put the pictures I wanted in L:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox\data\Photo with the same name as the aircraft and restarted the software but it didnt show up. Do I have to add it to the database somehow?

Thanks,
Alex

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
Hi Tornado and welcome to the forum!

First, make sure the photos are no more than 200 pixels wide, second, make sure the names are in the right format, exactly as they are shown as the Registration in the grid, for example:

SE-DOR.jpg
SE-DOR,2.JPG

Restarting the RB software is all that you need to do - you don't need to do any database changing unless you want to avoid getting a different photo when you click it in the interface.

I don't know if the 200 pixel size is any sort of rule, but I've got 19,000 photos in my folder, so I don't want them any bigger than they need to be!

I can't think of anything else - hope that helps.

Rod
Rod

tornado

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 09:11:55 PM »
Hi,
Thanks my pictures were named by aircraft number and not registration, I changed it and it works now :)

I want to get ship plotter now :) Looking forward to its release

Thanks,
Alex

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »
Pleasure - glad you sorted it.

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2010, 09:12:50 AM »

Restarting the RB software is all that you need to do - you don't need to do any database changing unless you want to avoid getting a different photo when you click it in the interface.

You don't actually need to restart the RB software, just click on another aircraft in the list and then back on the aircraft with the new photo and the photo will show.

YXUphoto

• YXUphoto
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 04:30:12 PM »
I have been using my RB for only about 4 months..but already accumulated around 25,000 photos.  I have figured out a trick to update as many new entries as possible...first of all, I have my local traffic set on Tour.  Secondly, I have setup a filter in my network traffic to look for REGISTRATION < 0.  This has the effect of looking only for ADS-B flights that don't have a registration in my database yet.  For some reason RB only updates aircraft info if your cursor has selected it, therefore making it frustrating to sit there and keep looking for new Mode-S entries.

By filtering them out like I said....it is very likely that your cursor will already be on that line and once it gets updated, it disappears and the cursor jumps onto a new aircraft.  This way I get many new aircraft added to the database.  Afterwards I edit the new entries and add the missing info...and sometimes look for pictures if they aren't on Airliners.net yet.

Just to give you an example....when I started doing this I had about 45 new network flights show up...now it is down to 0-5 at the most.