anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Airforce One  (Read 6049 times)

fossie1

Airforce One
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:02:48 PM »
Hi all, Is it normal to see Airforce One show up on RB? Just had it flash up, see screen shot.

Stephen
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Airforce One
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:30:25 PM »
Hi Stephen - no it's not normal to see it on the map - just in the grid. As far as I recall, it hasn't broadcast its position before - very nice to see!

I got an alert for it an hour or so ago, but it had disappeared before I found it.

Rod
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:32:04 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

fossie1

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 09:44:32 PM »
It was only on for about a minute, but as you say it was nice to see on map.

Thanks

Stephen
My position is 16 miles north of EGAA Belfast international Airport (Aldergrove)

freqhopping

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:03:04 PM »
So MyLog is correct then.  I was wondering about this when I checked it today.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 10:29:58 PM »
So MyLog is correct then.  I was wondering about this when I checked it today.

I would treat the position report with the same caution as the altitude, which is shown as 125,100'  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

freqhopping

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 10:53:55 PM »
I would treat the position report with the same caution as the altitude, which is shown as 125,100'  :-)

I don't doubt the position.  That's a typical route for an ADW or DCA departure.

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:06:15 AM »
Anyone know what circumstances trigger the VENUS ID - or the S- ID, come to that?

Rod
Rod

freqhopping

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:15:10 AM »
Venus is a squadron callsign, used when just flying around, doing approaches and stuff.  The SAM callsign is used when they're flying an actual mission without the president.  82-8000 I've never logged as anything other than AF1, they never change it.

RodBearden

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 02:42:21 AM »
Thanks for that, freqhopping.

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

I don't doubt the position.  That's a typical route for an ADW or DCA departure.

Come to think of it, the groundspeed looks pretty dubious too.

It's hard to believe that the White House's response to the latest security situation is for the President's aircraft to start transmitting its position and fly around nearly 200kt slower than normal :-)

My money would be on the known bug where details for one aircraft get incorrectly shown against a second one, I'm not aware of any fix to that having been announced yet.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

freqhopping

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 02:27:04 PM »
Come to think of it, the groundspeed looks pretty dubious too.

It's hard to believe that the White House's response to the latest security situation is for the President's aircraft to start transmitting its position and fly around nearly 200kt slower than normal :-)

My money would be on the known bug where details for one aircraft get incorrectly shown against a second one, I'm not aware of any fix to that having been announced yet.

What's wrong with the speed?  Looks normal to me.

Even it was a different aircraft, a different aircraft isn't going to be transmitting VENUS02 and AF1 for flight IDs.  Besides sometime actually heard VENUS02 on the departure frequency at 1205 and that matches perfectly with my picking it up at 3100ft.  Further down MyLog I logged an ADS-B hit for it back in August too.

johnboy

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »
I picked up AF1 early Dec. no position on map but showing Alt. 30000,flight Id. as Hank44 and airline Hansung. Seems  strange info but Reg. correct for AF1.
Logged on same day as Pres. flew back from climate change conference.

freqhopping

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 05:34:46 PM »
I picked up AF1 early Dec. no position on map but showing Alt. 30000,flight Id. as Hank44 and airline Hansung. Seems  strange info but Reg. correct for AF1.

That wasn't Air Force-1.  Air Force-1 will always display AF1.   You need to fix the information in your database for ADFEB6.  What you logged was E-4B 75-0125.  ADFDF9 92-9000 is the one that has been used as AF1 since October.

DaveReid

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 05:44:23 PM »

It's likely that you were picking up both AF1 and HANK44 and encountering the known bug where details for one aircraft are wrongly displayed against the other.