anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Update/Reflash Radarbox firmware  (Read 2686 times)

homestea

Update/Reflash Radarbox firmware
« on: January 08, 2010, 05:14:20 AM »
Hello, In lou of the problems I have been having, I was wondering if there is a way to update or reflash the radarbox hardware internal firmware, or is there a device toolkit that i can use to look at the raw data being recieved by the unit?  Any help would be appreciated!  This lag issue is sure getting annoying and very unpredictable!! At this point im almost better off using the 20 second updated real time traffic server. Please advise.

homestea

Re: Update/Reflash Radarbox firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 05:20:48 AM »
I should also note that when radarbox is running, i can go to "about" and nothing is listed as the radarbox firmware version.  could this be my problem? I saw in an old post that this could indicate a driver problem as well as a firmware corruption. 

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 08:29:34 AM »
I should also note that when radarbox is running, i can go to "about" and nothing is listed as the radarbox firmware version.  could this be my problem? I saw in an old post that this could indicate a driver problem as well as a firmware corruption.  

I don't think that this is a RadarBox issue at all I'm afraid.  I could be wrong, but your issue seems to be unique and if it was a RB problem, then we would see more instances.  There was a firmware update, but this was very soon after RB was launched and that must be 18 months or so ago?

The 'About' box does give all the information you need regarding the software and firmware - It says 'Firmware Version' so it's not too difficult to find :-)

Post a screen-shot of your 'About' box, that might give us a few clues.

Edit:  In fact, RadarBox was launched over 2 and a half years ago!  Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself :-)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:36:59 AM by Allocator »

homestea

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
thats just the thing, when i go to the about screen, it says Firmware Version: (blank)   
I.E. nothing is listed. It looks like Radarbox used to come with a Firmware updater .exe (with radarbox 2007) from what i read by searching the forums, but i cannot seem to find a download for that updater nor can I find it in the installation directory. Thanks for any help!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »
thats just the thing, when i go to the about screen, it says Firmware Version: (blank)  
I.E. nothing is listed. It looks like Radarbox used to come with a Firmware updater .exe (with radarbox 2007) from what i read by searching the forums, but i cannot seem to find a download for that updater nor can I find it in the installation directory. Thanks for any help!

Post a screenshot of your 'About' box here.  I think that I may know what the problem is.

Also, look at the PC Systems Properties>Hardware>Device Manager>USB Controllers and tell us what the Properties of the AirNav RadarBox says.

See this video on the AirNav YouTube channel - I know that this is XP, but the same principle applies:

http://www.youtube.com/AirNavSystems#p/u/14/mFiGKUNMp-Y

There was never a Firmware Upgrader distributed with the RB installation.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:08:01 PM by Allocator »