anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for help with a re-install after harddrive crash  (Read 6429 times)

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
Looking for help with a re-install after harddrive crash
« on: January 16, 2008, 01:00:17 AM »
Hope someone can help?  I just replaced the HD in my laptop and have installed my RB software. Installed the drivers and no connection to the hardware. Also need to update to version 1.3. Do I need to re-update the firmware?

Any help would be appreciated!   I am off to Geneva to spot (Davos) and really want to have my RB up and running.

Thanks!

Steve
Toronto, Canada

Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Looking for help with a re-install after harddrive crash
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:46:35 AM »
If you have bought the RadarBox after October 2007 or have already update the firmware you will NOT need to update again.

Hope that helps.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »
Hope someone can help?  I just replaced the HD in my laptop and have installed my RB software. Installed the drivers and no connection to the hardware. Also need to update to version 1.3. Do I need to re-update the firmware?

Any help would be appreciated!   I am off to Geneva to spot (Davos) and really want to have my RB up and running.

Thanks!

Steve
Toronto, Canada

Steve, when to reinstalled the drivers, are you sure you used the correct drivers?

There's a long thread on the forum somewhere about this, I'll see if I can find it.

All the best

Allocator

Try reading through this, it's a bit long, but should give you some pointers regarding the correct driver installation:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=222.0

Also, take a look at the new V1.4 manual.  The bit on driver installation and Troubleshooting does apply to V1.3 as well:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=394.0
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 11:07:10 AM by Allocator »

Jetcos

• Flightdeck Solutions
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:04:48 PM »
Thanks!   I did end up installing version 1.3 and I had already done the firmware update as my RB was purchased very early after release. Got it working last night after I posted and seems to be working well. Just a little bit of panic going on, needed RB working for an upcoming trip.

Thanks for your help!

Steve
Steve Cos
CYYZ Toronto,Canada

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:57:00 AM »
Well done Steve!

What I didn't mention before was the fact that if you plug the USB lead into a different USB port to that you used when you installed, that can cause problems too as you have to install the drivers again for the new port.

All the best, have a good trip

Allocator