AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sharing great aviation websites  (Read 136747 times)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Sharing great aviation websites
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 12:23:11 PM »
It’s clear that website has an agenda.

- The spamming of our members by Moderators (something they totally ignored even though being caught doing it)
- Moderators who post instantly on there forum to highlight any issue mentioned on this forum but not competitors (this occurred yesterday and they deleted the post as soon as they realised they were totally wrong)
- Questionnaire which is more of a marketing survey for a specific company.
- Admission of the Admins/ Moderators not being neutral

The above is just the a scratch of the surface, we are all intelligent enough to work out all is not as seems.

Please do not give any further promotion to that website they are no help to the ADS-B Hobby community.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

JoJo

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 01:10:50 PM »
I agree.  I feel just a bit conned by the radarspotters site.  I simply wanted to register to ask some questions about buying my partner one of these radar systems, looking for impartial advise.   Instead, I can't get registered, and get asked loads of probing questions.

Maybe it's just a site for getting people to answer their survey - definately a con.  Steer clear.  I did read through some of the posts, and it seemed a very bitter and twisted group of people - very strange.  I guess there's some history behind their bad attitudes.

jannuh

« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2010, 01:26:23 PM »
I agree.  I feel just a bit conned by the radarspotters site.  I simply wanted to register to ask some questions about buying my partner one of these radar systems, looking for impartial advise.   Instead, I can't get registered, and get asked loads of probing questions.

Maybe it's just a site for getting people to answer their survey - definately a con.  Steer clear.  I did read through some of the posts, and it seemed a very bitter and twisted group of people - very strange.  I guess there's some history behind their bad attitudes.
Maybe you can answer a lot of questions with: private

Second part of your reply: you can call it free speech, you can send in your own opinion on a lot of qestions, being pro or contra.
You can't do this in all matters on this forum, some posts are deleted.

I'm still member here because i do have a RadarBox and want to be up to date with the information of it.

JoJo

« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2010, 01:33:50 PM »
Maybe you can answer a lot of questions with: private

I answered most questions "Don't know", since I don't know which system is better, or the suppliers, etc.  It seems crazy that if you want to join a forum, you've got the know all the answers before they'll let you join!!  I guess the forum is run by "know-it-alls", and you can't join their little club unless you also know it all.

Anyway, still trying to decide between buying my hubbie a Radabox, a sbs-1, or an Aurorora.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2010, 01:54:25 PM »
jannuh,

There propaganda of we delete posts etc.. are totally untrue. In the rare cases we have done that we have given reasons (usually due to libellous posts with no proof) They would have you believe we delete any bad comments, that is totally incorrect.

We actually had a member of our team posting on there forum to try and answer questions they felt had not been answered. His posts were eventually edited and he wasn't allowed to give AirNavs view, ask yourself why? In result we banned there moderators on our forum.

Furthermore posts on there forum (which as supposed to be free from any bias) have been deleted and members branded as not following there thinking and banned/gagged.

We have a hard job here of replying to customers in a public domain and keeping up to customer demand. We are doing our upmost to do this and we have gained the majority of the new market. This has made us enemies and is unfortunately part and parcel of the business world.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

JoJo

« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2010, 02:04:04 PM »
Just got this terse email from the radarspotter administrators.  I guess I must have given the wrong answers on their questionnaire.  I've read a few posts over their now, and looks like you need to hate Airnav with a passion before they'll let you in their little club.  I'm rather glad they did reject me in the end.

Hi JoJo

We have noted your comments on the AirNav forum and it would appear that Radarspotters cannot meet your expectations.  Thank you for your interest and maybe either the Kinetic or AirNav Forum will be able to answer your questions.

radarspotter10

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »

We have noted your comments on the AirNav forum and it would appear that Radarspotters cannot meet your expectations.  Thank you for your interest and maybe either the Kinetic or AirNav Forum will be able to answer your questions.[/color][/size][/b]
[/quote]
hi.jojo
I went one better and got barred for telling the truth, they must have deleted about 30 of my posts before they gag me.
from pat

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »
But it now looks like they've gone one step further.  If they think their forum can't meet your expectations, they ban you before you've even joined!!

Welcome JoJo.  Get your partner a Rardarbox, it's the best.

klm

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »
had a account on that forum but after seeing how and why some of there members post topics i came to the conclussion that its some kind of vendetta.
i removed my account just after a few days.

the only expectations people have from a forum is that the can discuss there hobby and not joining a meaningless battle

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11:01 PM »
It is well known in this area amongst distributors, dealers and everyone in this area that the radarspotters is a forum/site created by our competitors to try to pass the idea that AirNav is unreliable - something that was previously done by our competitors directly.

Radarspotters moderators are know to be ex-top posters and very old users of our competitors product and with very closed connections with ML&S (the distributors of SBS).

This is of course an illegal activity and we are taking the proper measures to deal with it. Our users will soon be informed about it.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 08:42:54 PM »
And let's move on, stop talking about negative sites and continue out list of great aviation sites for other users to share.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 09:29:55 PM by AirNav Development »

ACW367

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
And let's move on, stop talking about negative sites and continue out list of great aviation sites for other users to share.

Airnav

Your wish is my command,  Manchester spotters have a useful page giving the full known allocated blocks of hexes for each country.
http://www.mantma.co.uk/icao%20allocations.html

:-)

sandhl

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2010, 07:55:35 PM »
The best repositry for Mode S logs that I have come across is the yahoo group below. Firstly, you will need a yahoo email account (or sign up to one) and will then have to request to join the group. Well worth doing.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Mode_S

Logs are mostly from the UK but non UK ones are also there.

sandhl

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 01:06:00 PM »
A great intro to the new style of cockpits for General Aviation aircraft from Gulfstream:

http://www.gulfstream.com/gulfstreamplaneview/pv_window.cfm?q=high

Very impressive indeed.

Btw, not seen many additions to this thread for a while. Hope it does not mean that people are no longer coming across great websites that are worth sharing! Please do post any sites you think we could all benefit from.

sandhl

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2010, 11:32:36 PM »
Take a walk around the A380 cockpit...

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm