anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OK, so where are all the Flybe aircraft ??? (Radarbox nr Exeter, Devon)  (Read 78769 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: OK, so where are all the Flybe aircraft ??? (Radarbox nr Exeter, Devon)
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »
Dave: SBS/Kinetic could never release Mapmode-s because of technical difficulties. AirNav did so and our network is a huge success. Do you think we will do MLAT the way PP does it? The answer is no. Expect no amateur solutions for professional problems from us.

Wow !  You mean you are going to wire all the world's Radarboxes together ?  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

satcom

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
Hi all.
I am enjoying my airnav receiver and the new software is great,  i have no problems or complaints,  so why do people persist in taking down airnav,  i am getting spam email from the vultures site now about Mlat,  but we all know about their the hidden agenda.
from pat

Hi Pat

I would dearly like to see a copy of that "spam" mail.....COAA will investigate immediately and inform the necessary authorities....so can I have a copy please to  examine?

Many thanks

John

Runway 31

« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2010, 03:16:54 PM »
Would it not be better rather than all the constant sniping if we can wait and see what Airnav are going to be producing. I am heartily sick of all the constant bickering and putting down of rival systems, each to their own.

If you dont like the Airnav System go to your preferred site and leave us all in peace to get on with what we like and to enjoy it in peace.

radarspotter10

« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2010, 03:23:50 PM »
Hi all.
I am enjoying my airnav receiver and the new software is great,  i have no problems or complaints,  so why do people persist in taking down airnav,  i am getting spam email from the vultures site now about Mlat,  but we all know about their the hidden agenda.
from pat

Hi Pat

I would dearly like to see a copy of that "spam" mail.....COAA will investigate immediately and inform the necessary authorities....so can I have a copy please to  examine?

Many thanks

John

Hi satcom
That seemed to hit a nerve. very interesting.
from pat

satcom

« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2010, 03:35:45 PM »
Just the opposite Pat...it exposed you for what you are :O)

Thank you.

Tallyho

« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2010, 03:43:05 PM »
At the end of the day guys... it's nice to have a choice :)

We now have a choice on what boxes to use (at least 3 now), what networks (various dependant on location) to use and what software to use (more popping up by the day).

We are a clever species and we usually find out what is best for us (which is not necessarily always best for the next person).

Personally I find space in my life for both RB (local) and PP (network and MLAT) and I am perfectly happy with that at this moment in time, will it change going forward, probably, who knows what the future brings unless someone brings out a peice of software called Crystal Ball v1.0 for seeing into the future, now that would be something to purchase !!!!

Keith

radarspotter10

« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2010, 03:43:24 PM »
Just the opposite Pat...it exposed you for what you are :O)

Thank you.

Hi satcom.
I do not reveal my private email to every tom-**** or harry.
from pat
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:16:57 PM by AirNav Support »

radarspotter10

« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2010, 03:55:20 PM »
At the end of the day guys... it's nice to have a choice :)

We now have a choice on what boxes to use (at least 3 now), what networks (various dependant on location) to use and what software to use (more popping up by the day).

We are a clever species and we usually find out what is best for us (which is not necessarily always best for the next person).

Personally I find space in my life for both RB (local) and PP (network and MLAT) and I am perfectly happy with that at this moment in time, will it change going forward, probably, who knows what the future brings unless someone brings out a peice of software called Crystal Ball v1.0 for seeing into the future, now that would be something to purchase !!!!

Keith
Hi. Tallyho
I totally agree with you i bought my airnav box to enjoy the hobby, if a better system comes along well then we have a choose, send me the web address for Crystal Ball v1.0 i would buy one of them, lol.
from pat

Runway 31

« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »
Well written Tallyho, we do indeed have a choice, everything has its good and bad points and what we like about each is a personal choice but we can like our favourite without rubbishing the choices and likes of others.  Airnav is included in this as some of the responses given to others and other systems need some moderation in the replies.  Some thought needs to be given at times before pressing the post button

I like coming on to the forum to learn how others do things and to learn how I can make greater use of the system.  The constant bickering however is putting me off and like someone stated yesterday I can easily see why some can be put off posting due to the antagonism shown by some.

Airnav for me is a fantastic tool enabeling me to identify all those aircraft that once flew over the top of me unidentified.  I had a choice to make before I purchased it and I think I made the right one for me, others made the choice that suited them and it may be for a rival product.  If the developers can come up with something else to increase its use, making it more responsive to users needs, I for one would welcome it whether or not it suits my personal needs.

bearcat

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »
I agree with Runway 31 and Tallyho. All this thread seems to do is get people all revved up.

It would be nice to return to normality

Tramline

« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2010, 05:45:58 PM »
I agree with Runway 31 and Tallyho. All this thread seems to do is get people all revved up.

It would be nice to return to normality

Yes. completely agree. 

I wish I could track non ADSB traffic like Mil and all the Flybe / Embraer kit and hopefully AirNav will find a way that works.

I would also say that if Pat is lying about the spam email from Radarspotters then he ought to apologise and we can all move forward.
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2010, 05:57:05 PM »
Hi,
Not sure if I'd call it spam exactly but we got a radarspotters email (without having ever been in touch with them). It is as follows-

We've been watching the current debate on the AirNav forum about using PlanePlotter to track and plot non-positional aircraft.

There is obviously some confusion which we would like to help resolve but AirNav has banned us from posting.

PlanePlotter is unique in being the only hobbyist solution that can plot a non-ADS-B aircraft on a map. That includes military and general aviation aircraft as well as those flybe and other airlines that don't transmit positions. Most virtual radar spotters want to find these elusive aircraft and PlanePlotter can help in most instances, though not all.

If you use PlanePlotter or just want to know more, there's a wealth of information on the Radarspotters Forum and you may find this recent post of some help.  There is also a PlanePlotter Getting Started Guide there too.

Mike

Dont know if this is of any interest to anyone but I suppose if the information hasn't been asked for it could be treated as spam.

Claire

PS I dont want to join in the arguements but am just letting you know.

Runway 31

« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2010, 05:59:48 PM »
I received the same unsolicated email.

EMA

« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2010, 06:21:40 PM »

I like coming on to the forum to learn how others do things and to learn how I can make greater use of the system.  The constant bickering however is putting me off and like someone stated yesterday I can easily see why some can be put off posting due to the antagonism shown by some.

Airnav for me is a fantastic tool enabeling me to identify all those aircraft that once flew over the top of me unidentified.  I had a choice to make before I purchased it and I think I made the right one for me, others made the choice that suited them and it may be for a rival product.  If the developers can come up with something else to increase its use, making it more responsive to users needs, I for one would welcome it whether or not it suits my personal needs.

I totally agree, I have kept away from the forum for sometime due to the endless bickering of a minority of members.

I think the Radarbox is an excellent product. I have used alternatives but for my own personal use the radarbox serves my needs just fine for now.

We have made a choice lets just move on.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2010, 06:34:14 PM »
We are glad that members are writing the above comments. It proves to us and others that the majority of the members are happy with our services and products.

Unfortunately it does also prove the minority group (who we have details of) who are determined to cause trouble here on our forum or elsewhere to damage to reputation of AirNav Systems and its products. This group clearly has alliances with our competitors who are desperate to try and keep there product selling in the marketplace against us.

Being the market leader you also make some enemies, we usually turn a blind eye to these however sometimes we have to react and put across our points. We as well wish those who want to cause trouble do so elsewhere otherwise we will take legal action.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]