AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox delayed data after powered for a long time  (Read 19978 times)

eggplant

Re: Radarbox delayed data after powered for a long time
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2010, 04:36:34 PM »
Hi Homestea,

Did you manage to reach any conclusion regarding the problems you are/were experiencing ?  I have noted today on my reasonably high spec 32-bit Windows 7 machine that after ANRB s/w has been running for a few hours, the screen (both the map and the info )  are updating very slowly -,i.e. every 5-6 seconds, as opposed to the 1 second update set in preferences.  Also when attempting to select items, they did not select until several seconds passed. At the point I ran a couple of other programs which ran normally. A quick shutdown and restart of the ANRB s/w and it was updating and responsive as normal again. Sounds similar to what you were experiencing.  I'll keep a note of how long before it stutters from hereon, and also note the program memory usage both before/after the slow down. If this turns out to be an inherent Windows 7 problem then I guess it will become more prominent as others switch to Windows 7. We'll see.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

homestea

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2010, 04:57:18 AM »
After playing around with it a bit more, I discovered that version 2009 2.01 version of the software, I don't seem to get any delay problems. So for now I am using this older version of the program until a fix is found for 2010 v3.13.  Perhaps Radarbox 3D will work as well, but i hope that there will be at least some kind of trial, before i decide to spend that much money on a software update. 

homestea

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2010, 04:42:40 AM »
I take it back.... I guess i spoke too soon. My data is now getting laggy again, even with the 2.01 software. I don't know why it acts so randomly.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »
This can only be a PC/Operating system issue, otherwise this would have been seen loads of times by those who have been using V2.01 for so long.  Also, not seen during the extensive Beta testing periods.

homestea

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »
It seems i may have resolved the problem for good now.  I upgraded my Windows 7 Release Client to the Retail Windows 7 ultimate (since the beta period is almost up). Since doing this my lag problems have gone away.  I'm guessing it was a driver confict or a bug in the windows 7 beta build 7100.  Ill post again if i get anymore lag problems, but it seems like i may be goo now.