anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox delayed data after powered for a long time  (Read 19974 times)

homestea

Re: Radarbox delayed data after powered for a long time
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2010, 02:56:21 AM »
Is there anyway to re-flash the current firmware on the radarbox hardware without sending it out for a warranty fix? I see that the data stream output by port 30003 shows the exact information that is being display in the radarbox program. This leads me to believe that it is either a driver problem, or a firmware problem, or the unit is defective. Please advise.

eggplant

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 03:45:53 AM »
I recently "upgraded" to Windows 7 and have noticed that the aircraft positions seem to be updating slower than before my upgrade. This morning I noted something very odd - for a short period of time, perhaps a few minutes, when the aircraft postions updated they actually moved backwards on their flight path. To clarify - I mean they updated to show the position they would have been in perhaps 30 seconds previously.  Heading was as expected, and I hadn't noted the previous GS and ALT for comparison purposes, but after reading through this thread I now wonder if there is something amiss here. Will keep a close eye on it and report further if it happens again.

John
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

homestea

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 07:11:42 AM »
I recently "upgraded" to Windows 7 and have noticed that the aircraft positions seem to be updating slower than before my upgrade. This morning I noted something very odd - for a short period of time, perhaps a few minutes, when the aircraft postions updated they actually moved backwards on their flight path. To clarify - I mean they updated to show the position they would have been in perhaps 30 seconds previously.  Heading was as expected, and I hadn't noted the previous GS and ALT for comparison purposes, but after reading through this thread I now wonder if there is something amiss here. Will keep a close eye on it and report further if it happens again.

John

Yea I have also noticed this backward thing a couple times. Hopefully they will recognize it as a problem and come up with some sort of a patch. 

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 09:53:57 AM »
I've also experienced this "backwards" movement over the past week or so

Rich

eggplant

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 10:46:14 AM »
Hi Rich,

Just out of interest which OS are you using ?

John
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2010, 11:25:15 AM »
Hi John

Good old Vista

Rich

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2010, 03:29:07 PM »
Watching aircraft go by out of the window - all 100% real-time with Windows XP :-)

RB and the PC have been running since 0900 this morning.  Running loads of other stuff the whole time, including music streaming with Spotify.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 03:31:51 PM by Allocator »

eggplant

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2010, 05:00:27 PM »
Good for you Allocator !  I'm pleased that you are lucky enough to have a setup that the ANRB s/w just so happens to agree with. I wish it could operate as efficiently for the rest of us too !

Thanks for the post, and I trust you enjoyed your streaming music from spotify (whatever that is....).

Fenris

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 05:23:24 PM »
Google is just there ---->

You can find out these things immediately....

eggplant

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2010, 05:32:54 PM »
In the highly unlikely event that I suddenly realise that it is essential that I must be aware of  the importance of spotify, then I will use google. In the meantime...

Thanks all the same.

Allocator

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2010, 05:36:04 PM »
Good for you Allocator !  I'm pleased that you are lucky enough to have a setup that the ANRB s/w just so happens to agree with. I wish it could operate as efficiently for the rest of us too !

Thanks for the post, and I trust you enjoyed your streaming music from spotify (whatever that is....).

Yep, RadarBox runs a treat on all of my PC's/Laptops, so I don't think that luck comes into it :-) It must be at least 3 years since I rebuild the main PC now:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
2.00 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM
XP Home Edition (2002) with Service Pack 3

Right now running:

RadarBox live and real-time Network data - sharing my data of course.
PlanePlotter (uploading RB data to the PP network)
Spotify (Like iTunes, but it doesn't cost you anything!)
Airfoil - to broadcast music to my Apple Airport Express into the Hi-Fi)
Google Chrome

Just finished uploaded some photos from an SD card into Picassa and then editing them with Paintshop Pro 7

And RadarBox V3.13 runs like a well oiled machine in the background - hasn't missed a beat all day!

OK, so I'm boasting, but V3.13 really is the best version yet as far as I'm concerned.

Fenris

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2010, 05:38:15 PM »
If I'm at my PC, or indeed anywhere with a mobile network signal, I can find the answer to almost any question within a minute or two. Since you mentioned Spotify, I assumed you were showing some interest in it.

Too difficult to tear your attention away from RB eh?

eggplant

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »
Good for you Allocator !  I'm pleased that you are lucky enough to have a setup that the ANRB s/w just so happens to agree with. I wish it could operate as efficiently for the rest of us too !

Yep, RadarBox runs a treat on all of my PC's/Laptops, so I don't think that luck comes into it :-) It must be at least 3 years since I rebuild the main PC now:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
2.00 Ghz
2.00 GB RAM
XP Home Edition (2002) with Service Pack 3

Right now running:

RadarBox live and real-time Network data - sharing my data of course.
PlanePlotter (uploading RB data to the PP network)
Spotify (Like iTunes, but it doesn't cost you anything!)
Airfoil - to broadcast music to my Apple Airport Express into the Hi-Fi)
Google Chrome

Just finished uploaded some photos from an SD card into Picassa and then editing them with Paintshop Pro 7

And RadarBox V3.13 runs like a well oiled machine in the background - hasn't missed a beat all day!

OK, so I'm boasting, but V3.13 really is the best version yet as far as I'm concerned.

I'm pleased your s/w is running like a "well oiled machine" etc.  I wish mine was running better than a lame-a**ed donkey ! In your circumstances you naturally will have the opinion that v3.13 is the best thing since sliced bread.

Fact is other users are clearly having difficulty running ANRB s/w - be this due to recent revisions or otherwise I don't know. Upon reflection I do agree with your advice that "luck has nothing to do with it" - do you have any suggestions as to what may have something to do with it ?

Thanks

Allocator

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2010, 06:12:56 PM »
I run the free CCleaner and Defraggler often.  CCleaner also takes care of registry scans to get rid of the rubbish left behind when programs are uninstalled.  I have plenty of free space on the HD used for running programs.  I have a secondary HD for storing static stuff - pictures and the like - and a USB backup drive that is only used by Norton Ghost for archives.

I use the latest version of AVG Free antivirus (Norton Antivirus is a pervasive monster) and the free version of ZoneAlarm takes care of the Firewall.

With the exception of the second and third HD, this is pretty much the same setup across all my machines.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »
Right we are going to step in here and issue a warning to a few users to calm down.

This thread is about homestea issue only. So far no one other than himself is seeing the issue. As we have mentioned after 2 years we have not heard of such an issue. This does sound like a machine issue or USB issue.

Regarding version 3.13, it has been a overwheming success with only a 3 minor isuses known to us. The vast 99% majority is extremely happy with it and have thanked us for our efforts. The 3.13 comments threads shows this.

Eggplant if you have some issues which you don't think are being acted apon please contact us direct and we will be glad to listen.

Just to show how open we, the bugs we have been notified on is shown at the page below
http://www.airnavsystems.com/bugs/
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]