AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help!!! Software Problem  (Read 2290 times)

skyking44

Help!!! Software Problem
« on: December 26, 2009, 08:05:50 PM »
I've managed to make a mess of my radarbox software.  I'm hoping someone has an idea on how I can restore it back to normal.  First of all I was running the original software(ver 2.1). that came with the radarbox and it was working great.  Then yesterday I tried installing the new "Full Install" version 3.xx.  After intall the radarbox wouldn't receive any aircraft signals (no blue/white lights).  I uninstalled this new version and reinstalled the orginal version.  Thinking I'd just chosen the wrong upgrade version of the software I then tried the "Upgrade from v2.xx to 3.xx."  This version did receive the aircraft signals and display data, however, Database Explorer "Aircraft Table" only allowed searches in three fields (AT, AN and AG) all others vanished.  Also, there was no display of the current aircraft data that is located next to the two pictures of the aircraft on my screen.  And finally, when I tried to save and then view the log data I would get a message saying it couldn't find the location.  I then uninstalled this version and again reinstalled the software that came with the radarbox.  Everything worked perfectly again...until I shut it down and restarted the program!  Then if reverted back to having the database explorer problem as well as the display and logging problems described above.  I have a feeling there are some remanants of my many upgrade attempts located in some critical location.  I have Windows Vista and would greatly appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Help!!! Software Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
I'd really like to be able to help, but I have no experience at all with Vista.  I'm sure there will be somebody here who can help.

EK01

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 08:17:37 PM »
Skyking,
Where did you install the Full Version 3. I note you are running Vista which can be a real pain in the a***. Try going into 'Control Panel' and uninstall anything on the system relating to Version 3 and do a reinstall but when asked where you want to install DO NOT install into the default setting shown which mentions 'program files' as this then goes into the Vista virtual store and disappears down a big black hole. Instead install into C:\AirNav Systems deleting any reference to 'program files'.
I also have a Vista machine and by doing the above everything worked ok. Give that a go and see what happens.

Ian

skyking44

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 08:56:29 PM »
Thank you so much!!!  I did just as you suggested and everything works to perfection again.  You certainly cheered up my holidays.  Thanks again.

EK01

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 03:34:18 PM »
No problem. Glad to be of help. Have fun.

Cheers,

Ian