anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Faulty Radarbox  (Read 7830 times)

davelew1s

Faulty Radarbox
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:18:55 AM »
My RB went faulty last weekend, after 2 emails to Airnav I was told to send it to Waters & Stanton for repair...today is Christmas Eve and my box has been returned working..fantastic performance by Airnav and Water & Stanton, 4 days from posting to receiving.
I would like to thank them, and wish them all the very best for Christmas and the New Year, this goes also to everyone in the Ainav forum.
                                        Dave Lewis.

donburrows

Re: Faulty Radarbox
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
i sent mine 2 weeks ago not heard anything yet

swany

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »
I also had a problem with my Radar Box. Fault was due to a "dry joint" which faulted the white signal light. Couple of emails to Airnav. Rad Box returned to
Waters and Stanton for repair on insturctions from Airnav.  returned from W and S after four days. Excellent service from W and S...   Happy New Year to everyone on Airnav      Geoff  Mann  (Ammanford near Swansea Wales)

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
.  returned from W and S after four days. Excellent service from W and S...   Happy New Year to everyone on Airnav      Geoff  Mann  (Ammanford near Swansea Wales)

Perhaps a mention may also be due to Royal Mail? That delivery was carried out at a very busy time of year for them when roads are busy and snow and ice affecting travel.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 05:22:25 PM »
I don't think they use Royal Mail. That is why is is so quick!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

davelew1s

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
Mine came by Royal Mail, but I forgot to mention them, considering Christmas it was fantastic..thank you.
 Dave.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 08:21:04 PM »
Mine came back RM Special Delivery next day, and will be winging its way back to W&S again, as it's getting diddly squat again, even though there's planes nearby/visible and showing (delayed) on the network.   Will check agian tomorrow, once we're home.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

cool_1

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
More bad news...
I had a faulty Airnav RadarBox received as a pressie over xmas. On mine the USB port fell inside the box...It worked for 10 minutes on a older XP PC, and so I then reconnected it to my Vista machine to re-test when the small USB port disappeared inside the RadarBoxunit.
I can only assume another poor quality solder joint.  So Im returning to FlightStore (UK) today by Special Delivery for a replacement.
Also very disappointed that the drivers supplied didnt work on Vista 64Bit.  Although I think Ive now foundthe correct new 64 bit drivers .  ( But why didnt the manufacturers Quickstart documentation mention this ????)     :-(
The Quickstart instructions also say to install the hardware first, then run the Software CD, although the PDF docs on the CD, say to do it the other way round.).   Another error.

So, Not the best start to my RadarBox experience....

Good to see the new 2010 software release though. One question...does the new real time update mean that all aircraft seen over the internet are now actually LIVE instead of a 5 minute delay  ???   Please can one of the gurus here confirm ? many thanks.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »
cool-1.
re: real time update. Yes, but at a cost of a further subscription.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 11:45:41 AM »
RE real time network, surely only after the first years subscription runs out.

Stuart

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 12:40:54 PM »
No. The years sub is for the delayed network.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

ascot617

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »
J.
 I have just retired from Royal Mail, and find your comment offensive, I suggest you refrain from such statements until you know what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 11:13:08 AM by ascot617 »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2009, 11:22:39 AM »
J.
  I have just retired from Royal Mail, and find your comment offensive, I suggest you refrain from such statements until you know what you are talking about.

I think Jeremy was talking in jest, but it's very easy to offend somebody when using the forum or email - I know, because I'll fallen into that trap!  It still amazes me that Royal Mail can deliver all those letters, parcels and packages to even the most remote location!

jannuh

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2009, 11:22:59 AM »
Real Time Network:
general answer is NO (you have to pay for it extra!!)

5 min. delayed network:
YES, first year free, afterwards you have to pay extra for it!!

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:39:58 PM »
J.

I think Jeremy was talking in jest, but it's very easy to offend somebody when using the forum or email - I know, because I'll fallen into that trap!  It still amazes me that Royal Mail can deliver all those letters, parcels and packages to even the most remote location!
Please. I had no intention of being offensive. My apologies if it came across like that. Many retail outlets use City Express or such like companies as the service is quicker than RM, but you pay for it! In my buisness we use various couriers as well as RM and for good reason, but not because we disapprove of RM.
Sorry, again!! Ugh!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com