AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: GAS Data Base  (Read 4085 times)

Horsham Spotter

GAS Data Base
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:01:53 PM »
Hello All

Does the GAS data base work with RB data base or only with the SBS data base which I do not have.

If it works with RB any info would be greatful. I have asked this in another thread (bizz jet updates) but would like keep it seperate.

Thank you

Steve.
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: GAS Data Base
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 03:17:31 PM »
You can use the data from GAS.  See my previous explanation at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1489.msg31878#msg31878

Instructions now at http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/instructions.htm

Horsham Spotter

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »
Tarbat
I use it for looking up mode s for registration tie up etc. Can you down load their data base to RB, I assume no as for SBS use only?.
Steve
3.1nm miles south of EGKK westerly App & Dep.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 03:25:30 PM »
Tarbat
I use it for looking up mode s for registration tie up etc. Can you down load their data base to RB, I assume no as for SBS use only?.
Steve

RadarBox automatically updates its information from the GAS database - you don't have to download it, it happens when you are connected to the Internet.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 06:49:32 PM »
RadarBox automatically updates its information from the GAS database - you don't have to download it, it happens when you are connected to the Internet.

Not strictly correct.   Radarbox gets all its data from the Airnav servers.   The Airnav servers then get data from various sources, including airliners.net, GAS, etc.   This latter process isn't perfect, hence the regular "..." aircraft types, the "Untitled" in company names, etc.............

Once a week I run a process (described in the linked thread) to get data directly from GAS for new aircraft.