anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Help  (Read 37846 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Windows 7 Help
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »
yes my computer does 'freeze' when the preference window is open

Okay, understood.  That sounds like a different problem to what others have had with just the font size problem.  If your computer freezes, and you can't even use the "Print Screen" key,  when the preference window is open, I don' think the ResizeEnable utility is going to help either.

Maybe try running ANRB as Administrator.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:32:36 PM by tarbat »

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2010, 04:26:19 PM »
Hi Tommyg

Not sure what you are being asked to "open with".  Did you create a separate directory in which to install the 3 files that are zipped up?  You do have Winzip right?  If you have done all this you should end up with the 3 files per my previous screen shot.  You then want to run ResizeEnableRunner.  This is the application.  I suspect that you are trying to open one of the other 2 files - one is a .dll which will probably generate the response "Open With".  The other one is a text file which will open up in Notedpad.

So, make sure you are trying to open the Application one.  ResizeEnableRunner.

Ken

tommyg

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2010, 05:35:55 PM »
Eureka!!!!

Dont know why but hit the ResizeEnableRunner button a few times, then went into ANRB without the box attached and straight into start and lo and behold I was able to change the size of the preference windows. Haven't attached the box yet but fingers crossed I am up and running. Thanks to all of you for your help and input. Support are aware of these probs with Win7 so hopefully it wont be long before they are rectified. Thanks once again 
Tommyg

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »
Excellent Tommyg - enjoy your radar box - let me know if you have any other problems with your Windows 7 setup.

Ian Miller

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2010, 01:42:49 PM »
Re ANRB "Preferences" and the insufficient screen size for the window - my mini laptop gave me the option to choose Landscape or Portrait for the screen. In Portrait I had the preference window full size and was able to make my choices OK.

Windows 7 is still a pain. My PC is VISTA and ANRB 313 works like a dream.

Best "Toy" I ever bought......

Ian

johnboy

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2010, 05:39:46 PM »
WAS thinking of buying a new laptop but after reading all these probs. with win.7 i think i will stick to the one i've got running XP,they said Vista was going to be good but that is a pain in the ----.

abrad41

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2010, 06:26:06 PM »
johnboy

For the last week I have had a brand new laptop, running window 7.

Windows 7 seems far far better than Vista and I have had no problems installing and running Radarbox on it.  I think people have problems because they do not install the software in the right place.

Andy

tommyg

« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2010, 11:03:46 AM »
Andy.

It is not a problem of installing the software in the correct place, it seems to be the configuration of individual makes of PC. My software started and was working OK for the basics but not for the preference windows. Feedback on here and from support agree that there are Win7 probs for different computer specs. All my RB  functions working well now, just have remember to run ResizeEnable if I want to change anything in the preference windows. 
Tommyg

abrad41

« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2010, 12:59:49 PM »
tommyg

As I said mine is working fine, even the preference window.

My screen resolution is 1366x768

Andy

tommyg

« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2010, 05:03:20 PM »
Andy.

My default as said before is 1900 x 600. If I used your resolution I wouldn't see everything on my screen without continually moving the cursor. That seems to be the problem screen resolution on different PC's using Win7 is throwing up some strange issues that haven't come about before. It has nothing to do with downloading incorrectly which is the point I am trying to make.
Tommyg

Blincodave

« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »
johnboy

For the last week I have had a brand new laptop, running window 7.

Windows 7 seems far far better than Vista and I have had no problems installing and running Radarbox on it.  I think people have problems because they do not install the software in the right place.

Andy

As a matter of interest which PC/model are you running Andy?

abrad41

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »
Blincodave

Its this one - HP Pavilion dv6-2113sa (HP WB329EA/ABU) Entertainment Notebook. AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Processor, 4GB Ram, 500GB Harddrive, 15.6" HD Brightview Display, Windows 7 Home Premium.

2 Links below for Comet & Staples if you wanted to take a look.

http://www.staples.co.uk/technology/pcs-and-laptops/laptops-hp/pavilion-dv6-2113sa-entertainment-notebook-pc-wb329ea-amd-turion-ii-ultra-dual-core-processor-4gb-ram-500gb-hard-drive-39-6-cm-15-6-diagonal-high-definition-led-hp-brightview-display-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/612529/HP-WB329EA-ABU?cm_sp=FeatureEnd-_-Laptops-_-position

Cheers

Andy

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »
My default as said before is 1900 x 600. If I used your resolution I wouldn't see everything on my screen without continually moving the cursor.

Hi Tommy, can you confirm 1900 x 600 - sounds wrong - very wide and narrow in height - what shape are the "Radar Rings"?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Blincodave

« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 07:56:32 PM »
Thanks Andy for the info on your HP laptop. Looks superb but unfortunately my budget is around £350-400. Anybody got Win 7 running well on a laptop in this price range?

Thanks,
Dave

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2010, 10:52:25 PM »
My default as said before is 1900 x 600. If I used your resolution I wouldn't see everything on my screen without continually moving the cursor.

Hi Tommy, can you confirm 1900 x 600 - sounds wrong - very wide and narrow in height - what shape are the "Radar Rings"?

This is what a 1900 x 600 screen would look like :-0

You can't really mean this?

1900 x 1200 would make more sense.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:56:05 PM by Allocator »