AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Help  (Read 37713 times)

GRIMREAPER

Windows 7 Help
« on: December 22, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
New computer with windows 7 64bit.   How do i do an install.  i get as far as filling in location but the install does not go any further?

Thanks in advance.

t1mb0

Re: Windows 7 Help
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:48:36 PM »
errr my advice is go back to XP
12m SE of EGHI

dl1812

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 09:23:44 PM »
New computer with windows 7 64bit.   How do i do an install.  i get as far as filling in location but the install does not go any further?

Thanks in advance.

Hiya,

I've been using W7 Ultimate for some time and I installed ANRB away from the "C:Program Files" Folder; it's currently installed on my D: Drive in its own Folder.

I'm not very IT-savvy, so this may be no help, but I thought I'd try and help :o)

Javaradiofrance

• JavaradioFrance
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 04:31:03 AM »
No problem for me. Windows 7 64 BITS. Work's fine.

Peter

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 08:19:10 AM »
Same here, I had no problems but was aware that I had to dowload the 64 bit drivers.
There is a link on the Forum somewhere, AirNav started a thread reporting that at long last Microsoft have approved them.
Peter

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »

Thanks in advance.

Go to this link to download the 64 bit drivers - you need to scroll down the page to see them;

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Install ANRB in a folder C:\Tools.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 11:57:49 AM »
When you do a full install of 3.13, the 64-bit drivers are provided in the RadarBox/Drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers folder.

Rod
Rod

GRIMREAPER

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 08:47:41 PM »
ok guys ...working now!!!..
Had ANRB on my old pc.  This install was on a factory fresh laptop running windows 7 64bit.

To get ANRB 3.13 to work i had to go into demo mode to input my location and home data.  I then saved the info then quit out the program.  I then reopened the program and bobs your unlcle the software loaded succesfully.  HOWEVER no lights on the radarbox hardware.  I then had to go to the support website and downloaded the 64bit drivers.  All now working.

Thanks to all and some of the other posts I read.  I hope Support look in to this as it appears i am not the only one.

Regards to all and merry xmas

simone.simone

• my photos on airliners.net
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
To get ANRB 3.13 to work i had to go into demo mode to input my location and home data.  I then saved the info then quit out the program.  I then reopened the program and bobs your unlcle the software loaded succesfully.

I had the same problem, and it's now working in this way. Thank you!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2009, 07:53:00 PM »
We are aware of this.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

phil zech

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 03:26:44 PM »
Hi All,

Have AirNav Version 3.13 installed on PC no problem.

Have just purchased new Dell laptop with Windows 7.

Have installed Air Nav 3.13 not in Program Files as suggested ,  but in its own folder.

Everything in there in my computer,  logos flags etc.

However on loading to start,  it keeps asking for location , longitude, latitude, name  etc etc  , I enter this but when I click on OK nothing happens and then I cannot close air nav down.

Please can anyone suggest a answer to my problems.

Just to note I am not very computer savvy.

I have read something about 64 bit drivers but I have checked Drivers folders and they seem to be there from the full install.

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Air Nav , you said you are aware of this problem, any suggestions from yourselves.

Many thanks

Phil

PS Demo mode route doesnt work , nowhere to input home location etc there either.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »
Hi Phil, I had exactly the same problem, I re-installed from the CD 2.01, connected and started the RB, input the info., all worked OK, then went to Control Panel and uninstalled V.2.01.   Re-started 3.13, all OK then with all info. saved.   I'm on Vista Ultimate 64
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jonnyMarsh

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 01:47:10 PM »
Same problems here with Windows 7 Enterprise edition, and windows 7 Home Edition - AIRNAV can you please fix this bug

Windows 7 clean install, ANRB313 clean install, wont save home location - need to force task to terminate, back into 313 in demo mode set home location, exit, then restart 313 and it wont see the radarbox. updateing drivers doesnt seem to fix my problems.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 10:09:23 PM »
Hi Phil, my apologies, I thought I was on the 64-bit version of Vista as it's Vista Ultimate, but it's actually the 32-bit version, got the 64-bit Win 7 coming, so I may well be in the same boat as you, when I get my Box back!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

jonnyMarsh

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 07:17:05 AM »
It gets worse - The preferences box has to be closed manually, clicking OK does not close it !

Last night, Windows 7 did an update and rebooted the machine in the middle of the night, and Airnav not only discarded all of its settings, but now wont see the Radardbox again this morning - This just doesnt feel like solid software.