anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Help  (Read 37899 times)

tommyg

Re: Windows 7 Help
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2010, 10:02:16 PM »
Finally got version 3.13 back on the Win7 computer but still can't get any of the preference windows etc to expand large enough to amend, so having to live with the default data for now. Have even got an aircraft history box showing now under my flights which I cant get rid of. Talking to a computer software guy I know he thinks the window prob could be software related to the fact I have a HDMI output for connecting to TV's.
Tommyg

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2010, 05:19:24 PM »
Tommyg - the aircraft history box is selected on the Tools menu... Show Flight History.

Can you get to the menus?

Rod
Rod

Dermotmryan

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »
Just took delivery of AirNav Radar Box. How do I register to avail if Network facility
can't seem to locate registration page.

Regards

Dermot

tommyg

« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2010, 08:10:31 PM »
Rod.

Cant get to access any of the secondary windows as they wont expand enough to let me get to the enter buttons. Have sent numerous Pm's to support but they haven't been kind enough to respond to any of them, even to acknowledge receipt. May need a computer wizz to give me a hand to get it resolved. Win 7 does seem in cause probs with certain PC specs!!
Tommyg

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2010, 08:17:53 PM »
Tommyg, have you seen the threads here regarding the font size with Windows 7.  Not a user myself, but if you look around, you will find the details.

tommyg

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2010, 08:40:31 PM »
Hi Allocator.

I am using resolution 1600 x 900 which is my default for this PC and a Font size 100pct which is below my default of 125pct. Have tried all sorts of combinations to no avail. I have had no other secondary windows problems on any other site and the only outstanding issue other than RB is my itunes which wont let me transfer from one PC to another even tho' i use an external Hard Drive and that is common on the itunes forum as well
Tommyg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2010, 10:15:59 PM »
Maybe try turning off Aero Glass effect.  Or try setting the Windows Font Size to 75%.  Or try ResizeEnable.

Thats a bit difficult because the system wont let me take a screen shot without closing the preferences window down first.

I don't know Windows 7 very well, but you should be able to use the "Print Screen" button to take a screenshot even with the preferences window open.  Then paste into Windows Paint, save as a JPEG, and post here.

A screenshot would really help diagnose the problem.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:53:11 PM by tarbat »

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 09:42:06 AM »
Having had the same experience as TommyG I went through almost every combination of font size, screen resolution and Cursor type and the only way I could get it to work was ResizeEnable.  It is odd that all the other windowed options within ANRB have the stretch an resize capability built in whereas the Preferences window just refuses to co-operate. 

If Resize does not work I can only suggest what I did initially, and that was to load ANRB on a second PC running XP and then go through the options using the TAB key simultaneously to try and get your Windows 7 setup.  That way you know where the cursor should be.

tommyg

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
Hi Tarbat.

Cant get font size below 100pct (only options are 100/125/150). Hv tried downloading resizenable but keep getting .dll error when trying to open and tries to get me to find program to open it. Any help most welcome. P.S. Itunes now sorted so RB only remaining issue. 
Tommyg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »
As stated before, A screenshot would really help diagnose the problem.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »
tommyg,

Did you unzip (extract) the downloaded files before trying to run ResizeEnable?

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

tommyg

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2010, 09:02:36 AM »
Tarbat.

Cant get a screen shot with preference windows open, will try with my camera and upload later today.

Tom.
When i extract it asks me which programme do i want to open it in. I am not sure as I am not that good at computers
Tommyg

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
Tommg

Your .dll error is probably due to the fact that you are trying to run ResizeEnable without unzipping all the files therefore the program cannot find the necessary details to run.  

You need to unzip the files to a location on your hard disk - just create one - once you unzip then you can run ResizeEnable.

Once unzipped, run ResizeEnable, you should see a small Icon on the toolbar to let you know that it is running.  Once confirmed then you should be able to adjust the preferences window, and now, also the 3D settings window as it has the same problem as preferences.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2010, 09:14:26 AM »
Tarbat.

Cant get a screen shot with preference windows open

Why not?  Are you saying your whole computer locks up when the preference window is open?

As I've already suggested, use the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard, then paste into Windows Paint.  Save as a JPEG, and post here.

tommyg

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2010, 04:13:16 PM »
Ken.
Have extracted all the files from resizeEnable then it asks me to open with then gives me a list of files adobe,windows photo gallery etc. I am not confident enough with computers to put it somewhere i dont know.

Tarbat.
yes my computer does 'freeze' when the preference window is open and the only way out is to hit the red cross exit button. Apparently support are aware of this problem as they have finally acknowledged my PM's
Tommyg