anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Windows 7 Help  (Read 37727 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Windows 7 Help
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 03:06:37 PM »
Thats a bit difficult because the system wont let me take a screen shot without closing the preferences window down first.

I don't know Windows 7 very well, but you should be able to use the "Print Screen" button to take a screenshot even with the preferences window open.  Then paste into Windows Paint, save as a JPEG, and post here.

It stills sounds as if the Windows font size is at something like 125%.  Have you definately checked this?  It needs to be 100%.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 03:32:50 PM by tarbat »

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
I had exactly the same problem when I first installed ARNB.

Font size was 100% but I could not, and still cannot, see the whole window unless I run the program ResizeEnable.  This was an answer from user TOM and it has solved my window problem.

Right click on the desktop and select 'Screen resolution'. Now select 'Make text and other items larger or smaller'. Now make sure 100% is ticked.

If that does not fix it then download and install ResizeEnable from here:

http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads.html

Hope this works for you.

Ken

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
Actually username is Viking9 (Tom) and thanks to his reply re ResizeEnable!

tommyg

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 01:48:21 PM »
Thanks for that, will give it a try.
Tommyg

tommyg

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2010, 01:42:32 PM »
Ken.

Is yours a 32bit or 64bit system as I cant get it to work on my 64bit system. Mind you its not the only problem i've got transferring files over to Win 7
Tommyg

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 01:50:16 PM »
I am running Windows 7 64 bit.  Strange thing is, everything ran fine on Vista 64 bit.  Now I have all sorts of problems including repeated program crash which I have reported to Airnav through the support pages.  I am getting to the point of going back to my SBS!!

You can also try installing to a different location - i.e. not the default directories.  I had a problem last week where I just could not get the ANRB to connect - continual Checking Hardware yellow box.  I reintstalled the software to a completely different location.  Now it connects but still crashes completely at random it would seem.

The 64 bit drivers also don't load up properly on my system.  When I installed, and re-installed and pointed to the 64 bit drivers Windows just ignored them saying that it could not find the drivers.  I ended up using the 32 bit ones.

Not sure if any of this helps you with your problem.

Ken

tommyg

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2010, 02:13:58 PM »
Ken.

I am having all sorts of problems, in fact i'm back to using my desktop and my old PC. Cant find the link to version 3.13 (seems to have been deleted) tried downloading the 3D version without subscribing and all i got on the map was flt number and altitude no acft type or registration. And WORSE still not getting anything back from Airnav support despite numerous PM's.   NOT IMPRESSED!!!!  I used to recommend RB but definitely wouldn't at this moment in time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 02:15:53 PM by tommyg »
Tommyg

scouserman

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
hi guys, just looking for some advice if possibel. Have been a user now for almost 2years on a vista laptop without any real problems but am now thinking of upgrading to a new laptop which means using windows 7.  However after reading a lot of posts on here im not really sure if i should! Anyone on windows 7 using radarbox give me some idea of wot i can expect or how radarbox is working on there systems before parting with £400. thanks guys

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »
Hey Scouserman

I think the long and short of it is, some people have no problems at all with Windows 7 32 or 64 bit installations.  I on the other hand am having several issues.  I am beginning to wonder now if it is a software/computer hardware combination problem.

I am running Windows 7 64bit on a Dell Studio 1555 machine.   It would be interesting to see if anyone else is having problems with specific PC manufacturers.

As previously mentioned it ran fine on the Vista 64 bit on the same machine.  And I did do a complete format of the hard disk to ensure a clean install of Windows 7.

When mine is working it really is great!  However I am holding off spending another £90 on the 3D version until I hear back from Airnav on my support question (74807) on my intermittent program crashing.

I just did a completely fresh install of V4.03.  Funny though, that having done the uninstall and even deleted out the directories that the uninstall does not remove, on reinstalling, ANRB has remembered all my previous settings and even the username/password.  You would think that this information would also have been deleted.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2010, 04:15:57 PM »
Funny though, that having done the uninstall and even deleted out the directories that the uninstall does not remove, on reinstalling, ANRB has remembered all my previous settings and even the username/password.  You would think that this information would also have been deleted.

Like many programs, the registry entries are not removed during an uninstall.  You can use a registry cleaner to remove these, or remove them manually in the Registry - key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB.

ScottecLEMG

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »
Hi Tarbat

I thought that might be the case although I did run CCleaner after the uninstall and it did remove the ARNB.  However, in addition to that, Vista and W7, there is a directory that maintains other info.  C:>users>username>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Program Files (x86).  I think this is where it may have picked up the information.  I believe that this is also where the actual Database and MyLog files are held.

I am keeping my fingers crossed - don't want to temp fate - but my system has been up and running for 1 hour now.  I am also located inside a hangar at EGNX right now and getting an average of 60 miles on the antenna!

Thanks for the advice

Ken

tommyg

« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2010, 05:13:15 PM »
I am using a Dell Studio 17, and have given up attempting to put ANRB on it until support whenever they respond to me can give me some idea as to when Win7 issues are expected to be sorted. Scouserman from my experience dont upgrade yet.
Tommyg

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2010, 05:19:09 PM »
However, in addition to that, Vista and W7, there is a directory that maintains other info.  C:>users>username>AppData>Local>VirtualStore>Program Files (x86).  I think this is where it may have picked up the information.  I believe that this is also where the actual Database and MyLog files are held.

Only if you accept the default installation location.  Best advise for Vista and Win7 is NOT to accept the default location, but instead install into a folder such as C:\Airnav Systems\.  That avoids all the complications of the Virtual Store.

scouserman

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2010, 08:34:31 PM »
yeah thnx guys think i will stick with vista for now

ww7y

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2010, 08:59:30 PM »
I'm running Windows 7 64 on a Dell Studio XPS 9000 with no issues.  Will run several days straight with no problems.  The only anomaly is sometimes if I select an aircraft by clicking on it on the map, it highlights as usual but projects its path clear across the screen and adds another dashed line from the plane at about 30 degrees.  Odd, since it doesn't happen every time.  I think it has to do with the NVidia video card.  Thats the only change I see from my XP laptop. Of course the XPS i7 is MUCH faster, like map updates with Fixes in less than 1 second.