AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 - Comments  (Read 85114 times)

HKG

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 - Comments
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2009, 02:20:22 PM »
The problem with RB locking up when trying to setup your home location, etc. is most likely caused by registry keys pointing to old folder locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\edit1text
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\MapColorpath
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\History\map1-9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\RadarBox\edit1text

Thanks. Where do I find these keys and what should I do with them to correct the problem?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2009, 02:33:08 PM »
The problem with RB locking up when trying to setup your home location, etc. is most likely caused by registry keys pointing to old folder locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\edit1text
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\MapColorpath
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\History\map1-9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\RadarBox\edit1text

Thanks. Where do I find these keys and what should I do with them to correct the problem?

If you're confident in your abilities using Windows Registry Editor.
Windows - Start - Run - regedit
Then navigate to the relevant key, and see if any are pointing to an old folder location.

Fenris

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2009, 03:54:04 PM »
Anyone else updated the drivers to those supplied in the v3.13 installer and now finds that they have the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the system tray which gives a Remove Airnav RadarBox safely option?

I wasn't expecting that.

Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2 if it makes a difference.

Right, a bit of Googling seems to show that this is a feature of the 2.6.0.0 FTDI driver version.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 04:23:32 PM by Fenris »

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2009, 04:29:57 PM »
Airnav, I have a problem.

I left V3.13 running. On returning to it after about 3 hours I find that no aircraft are shown in the table in My Flights, but they are shown on the map. (1st pic)

If I hover the mouse cursor over an aircraft on the map its photo and details actually appear.

When I click on 'Tools'/'Interface' and move the interface to the other side I get the one aircraft repeated in MyFights. This time, when I hover the mouse over an aircraft on the screen its details beside the photo appear but not the photo. (2nd pic).

I have no sorting selected.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

Dermot

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2009, 06:39:08 PM »
I'm having a problem registering for Live Network. I subscribed last night for the 7 day trial and got a notice about an error with communications between Plimus and Paypal. I cancelled the subscription just now and re-subscribed again just now and got the same error!!
Am I doing something wrong?
Airnav I think you better look into this, I'm sure it will start costing you money if people can't subscribe for your services...

Silver Doctor

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2009, 08:20:12 PM »
Just upgraded from 3.13 Beta to released 3.13...no problems. thanks for the updat....
Is it a bird, is it a plane...nooooo its the silver doctor!

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2009, 08:53:03 PM »
Thanks Tarbat for the registry advice worked a treat now up and running again.

Stuart

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:21 PM »
Thanks Tarbat for the registry advice worked a treat now up and running again.

Glad it worked.  I did suggest to Airnav that they change their installer to remove old folder references as part of the installation process, but eveidently they can't because these folder references are created when the program runs, rather than during installation.

GlynH

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2009, 12:08:27 AM »
Interesting to read posts from HKG & Stuart as I have just installed 3.13 on my MediaPC, Laptop & Netbook and on both of the portable devices where ANRB hasn't been installed before they only let me get as far as the Home Station Data page in Preferences and no further - I can't even close the damn window down!

I run ANRB and enter my details when prompted, hit OK and the window just sits there and doesn't go away.

ANRB is still working in the background but of course I am unable to do anything with it because of the Preferences windows refusal to close.

As I mentioned the MediaPC had a previous installation of ANRB 3.01 Beta that I uninstalled prior to installing 3.13 final and this doesn't exhibit the problem but both the laptop & netbook have not had ANRB installed before and share this common 'fault'.

I have had a look at the registry keys on both the Laptop and Netbook I see;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\MapColorpath which is pointing to the correct directory

I don't see \edit1text but I do have an entry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\Registration

Neither do I see \History\map1-9 or \RadarBox\edit1text possibly because the program hasn't initialised properly and I have to close it with TaskManager or there may be an issue with the installer that doesn't write the correct registry keys when installing on a clean machine where no previous ANRB has been installed?

I do have a \Registration key entry on both portable computers though...and there are dozens & dozens of extra keys on the MediaPC which did have a previous install including the edit1text entry Tarbat referred to although that is pointing to a previous Beta folder which doesn't exist any more.

The MediaPC does allow me to use the program though...

If I was a betting man I might put money on both HKG & Stuart installing to a PC that hasn't had a previous ANRB iinstallation maybe?

Seems to be the common factor on both of the portable machines I am having problems with.

Any ideas Dev?

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:33:13 AM by GlynH »

HKG

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2009, 01:06:07 AM »
Glyn,

Yes. I have been trying to install ANRB onto a new Vista PC with no previous installation.

And having had a look in the registry, I have exactly the same lines as you have listed.

Will try installing onto another PC tonight (also without previous installation) to see if that really is the issue. I think Stuart was trying to do an upgrade and seems to be working fine now.

Dennis (HKG)

besty

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2009, 09:42:04 AM »
Well I thought my problem was fixed but looks like it has reappeared since I closed laptop down last night, on starting up this morning it only gets to location data and then runs in the background as GlynH says. Only way to close down is CTRL ALT DEL and shut down with task manager. The laptop has had previous versions of the beta's on.
I deleted the registry to see if it would replace it with a new one and the one that is there now looks a lot larger and more complete, it has the history section.  One thing that does stand out is the ANRBpath has no data in it.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 09:47:36 AM by Stuart »

cray725

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »
@ GlyH

I had the same problem. Just select autodetect location and it will fill in lat long, ignore whats there and click ok.
Restart Airnav software and edit home location to your lat and long.
ANRB, Acars 2.1, AirnavSuite 2004 and an SBS1e

besty

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »
Tried autodetect and it gives me 'unable to return valid location data from the internet' message and goes back to manual data input. Have formatted Hdd and restored back to factory settings. Back to where I was before the formatting, looked at regedit and nothing in the ANRBpath still. box running in the background so not a box fault.

HKG

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2009, 04:49:01 PM »
Have just tried the full installation on another PC with no previous ANRB installation. Exactly the same problem as with my other PC and as Stuart mentioned above. Cannot get valid location from the internet but manual entry followed by OK gives no response...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2009, 04:50:45 PM »
Have just tried the full installation on another PC with no previous ANRB installation. Exactly the same problem as with my other PC and as Stuart mentioned above. Cannot get valid location from the internet but manual entry followed by OK gives no response...

You are using decimal degrees with a negative figure for South or West?