anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 - Comments  (Read 85036 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.13 - Comments
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »
Carlos - assuming you have still got them, just copy your old Navdada.db3 file from your old Radarbox folder to the new one. If you want to keep your old log too, also copy the old MyLog.db3 file to the new folder, overwriting the "new" one.

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:55 PM »
Yes easy!

The NavData.db3 file is the master (source) database.

MyLog.db3 is the record of all the aircraft you have detected with your antenna.

Southwest

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »
Just installed the update from 2.XX to 3.13 and it works perfectly.  Many thanks for all your responses to my question.  The only downside was having to wait about 30 minutes for it to download but hey, them's the breaks!!

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:56 PM »
I've just upgraded from 3.13 beta to 3.13 and now all I get is the software asking for home station data, on entering the data nothing happens. I first copied the exe file into the folder but got the home data problem so I thought I'd try the full install same trouble.
If I click on the free forum registration button it opens up IE but won't accept the data on pressing OK.
The box is working I can see a number of aircraft on my flights but it is showing network tab and won't allow any change until data is accepted. 

Anyone any ideas?
 Stuart
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 09:14:36 PM by Stuart »

Pinza

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2009, 09:35:18 PM »
Hmm - just decided to go for a full install of version 3.13 (despite having slowly upgraded from 2.? to 3.13beta).

Painless exercise, having made copy of MyLog.db3 and NavData.db3 (having taken a gamble that my version of the latter was more up-to-date than newly installed version).

Backed up and copied across my own updated sillhoette and outline files too.

Only annoying issue was wasting an hour turning my flat upside down in the search for my initial CD as I assumed new installation would ask me for Username and Password.

Eventually found the required CD (and necessary codes). Installed new full version and found the new software installed perfectly WITHOUT need for my password that I'd searched so hard for - AARGH!

Guess my details are saved in some registry setting?

Seem to have copied across all my needed data from previous versions and new version running rock steady.

Many thanks Air Nav for this latest version - great!

Chris

CarlosAbreu

• The sky is not the limit
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 10:00:21 PM »
Hi Rod

Thanks for your coment, my idea was basicaly the one you sugested, however I was not sure if it was possible to do it. A second opinion is a good advise and always very important.

I have backup of all data.

Brgds
CA
Station: Primetec PGANRB100514
Antenna: Wimo GP-1090 (AS-1090/BT-1090)
Cable: Ecoflex 10 (15m)

Station: XRange2 PGANRB501386
Antenna: Airnav Systems
Cable: LBC240 00220M (15m)

CarlosAbreu

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:09 PM »
Hi to all

Could you please provide information how to get the add-on 3D software ?

Brgds
CA

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 10:15:50 PM »
Carlos - you  can't! It's still in closed Beta testing.

Rod
Rod

CarlosAbreu

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 11:48:16 PM »
Rod

Thanks for information.

New Airnav version stills working perfect after database files copy !!!

Brgds
CA

Airwaves32

« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2009, 11:49:09 PM »
Thanks lads, got it back up and running. i did put the same user and password in but didnt work so i ran 2009 and had it running for 10mins,turned it off and loged into 2010 and worked.yeepee :)

HKG

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
Have already done that... it's currently in

C:\\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox

I even have anti-virus/firewall etc. turned off...

HKG,
Instal into C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox. Omit 'Program Files' because if you are running a 'Vista' machine the program goes into the virtual folder and all hell breaks loose.
Also better to install the full 3.13 program and then copy over any files from your old version such as logos,maps,etc.
Ian

Thanks Ian. Have re-installed into C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox as you suggested

But same problem with the programme not responding to input of home station data. Looks like I am not the only one having this problem either...

I used the "remove programme" function in Vista to uninstall. Are there any other files which need removing before a clean re-install can be done? The re-install (full version) I did took a lot less time than the original (full) install. So perhaps Vista is re-using something from the first install which still causes the problem?

Many thanks for any help.

Dennis (HKG)

John Hargreaves

Network flights missing in 3.13?
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2009, 01:14:09 PM »
At the moment I am running two ANRBs side by side but on two computers. One is updated to V3.13 and on a roof mounted aerial, the other is still on version 2 and on the aerial provided with the kit. Until now the numbers of flights 'My Flights + Network Flights' was roughly the same on both screens. The roof aerial mounted box was up to 50 flights higher due to the increased reception range pulling in a lot more non ADS-B flights.
Now, however, the figures no longer add up.

Roof aerial on V3.13   97/896 My Flights/Network
Small aerial on Version 2  23/1271 My Flights/Network

Some 200+ network flights appear to be missing! At least two problem areas are Brazil and Egypt - more flights showing on version 2 than v3.13. Can anybody explain this?

EK01

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »
Have already done that... it's currently in

C:\\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox

I even have anti-virus/firewall etc. turned off...

HKG,
Instal into C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox. Omit 'Program Files' because if you are running a 'Vista' machine the program goes into the virtual folder and all hell breaks loose.
Also better to install the full 3.13 program and then copy over any files from your old version such as logos,maps,etc.
Ian

Thanks Ian. Have re-installed into C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox as you suggested

But same problem with the programme not responding to input of home station data. Looks like I am not the only one having this problem either...

I used the "remove programme" function in Vista to uninstall. Are there any other files which need removing before a clean re-install can be done? The re-install (full version) I did took a lot less time than the original (full) install. So perhaps Vista is re-using something from the first install which still causes the problem?

Many thanks for any help.

Dennis (HKG)

Dennis,
I am not particularly computer savvy but I would have thought that doing an unistall would not have been necessary because if you install the version 3.13 into just C:\AirNav Systems\AirNav Radarbox it installs into a separate location anyway. It did take around 30 minutes or so to do the full install. As for the problem of not responding to home station data, not quite sure what you mean. Do you mean you are not receiving any 'My Flights' info in the grid or are you referring to your home location on the map. If it is the latter, I seem to remember reading a post somewhere that your home coordinates had to be entered in a special way.
Sorry, I can't be of further assistance. Over to the more computer literate amongst us !

Ian

HKG

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2009, 01:54:37 PM »
Thanks again Ian. I entered the home location co-ordinates just like they appear on my laptop which is running version 2.xx. After entering name, town, country, e-mail etc. I click OK and no repsonse at all.

I am seeing flights from my own box and the network... but without the programme accepting my home location I cannot do anything else...

Stuart (reply #48) is having exactly the same issue.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »
The problem with RB locking up when trying to setup your home location, etc. is most likely caused by registry keys pointing to old folder locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\edit1text
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\MapColorpath
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\History\map1-9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\RadarBox\edit1text