anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Standard Twig in Loft.....how do you route them?  (Read 5707 times)

bearcat

Re: Standard Twig in Loft.....how do you route them?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
Thats how mine is set up

Tramline

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 10:50:14 PM »
Thats how mine is set up

So how did you route your antenna cable and what extension lead did you use and where from? 

Thanks
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

bearcat

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 09:21:25 AM »
See my earlier post for routing.

I got my W103 cable and plugs from Waters and Stanton. There is also W.H. Westlake (www.whwestlake.co.uk). As the cable is heavy and stiff ( 11mm dia approx) you will need a fly lead/adapter to take the strain off the SMA socket on the ANRB box.

I fitted the plugs myself after routing the cable as N-plugs are qiute large in diameter

Just to mention I think there can be issues with some modern roofing materials/ insulation blocking the signal.

Hope this helps

Pinza

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 10:59:05 PM »
This is the closest thread I could find for my question without starting a new one, so here goes:

My AirNav RB came about 2 months ago with an included Moonraker Radar-Rama external antenna.

Came with no cable or instructions, so dumped it in back of garage and lived with included 'stock' internal aerial instead.

Am now hooked and wanted to extend my Polar Diagram, so ordered a new external antenna and cable assembly.

Messed up on two scores:

1) I thought I was ordering cable and antenna - turns out I had just ordered cable assembly

2) I grossly underestimated the length of cable I would need!

Thankfully my new cable assembly is fully compatible with my mothballed antenna.

So that is problem 1 solved - currently stuffed outside bay window and working as a test... (although probably less signals than stock aerial...)

Have a problem with my underestimated 10m Westflex103 cable though:

Am in two minds as to whether to erect my external setup as a DIY project or get it done professionally.

Whichever route I take, it is going to have to be mounted slightly lower than the apex of my upstairs neigbour's flat as originally planned.

My rough calculations work out that my installation will be about 1 metre away from another neighbours UHF television aerial.

I can live with their aerial blocking my signal BUT don't want to start a riot with them if my new setup blocks their telly viewing!

Any advice/thoughts/experience/feedback much appreciated before I proceed and alienate myself from neighbours!

Cheers
Chris

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 11:06:02 PM »
Hi Chris, to put it crudely, will your antenna be behind or above their tele one, above would be beneficial to you and not affect them.    Is the TV in your area from a main transmitter or a relay station?   
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Fenris

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2009, 12:44:46 AM »
Chris

It won't make the slightest difference to their TV reception, the RB receiver directly sees the 1090MHz signal, it has not local oscillator so cannot re-radiate this and interfere.

Pinza

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:41 PM »
Thanks CoastGuardJon and Fenris.

Proposed location is in front and slightly below neighbour's tv aerial.

However, it is probably an unneccesary worry of mine anyway as they have a Sky dish.

Will check with them, as a matter of courtesy, but guess they probably no longer use their old UHF aerial anyway.