AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Keep the unit plugged in all the time?  (Read 21182 times)

dale001

Re: Keep the unit plugged in all the time?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »
I will experiment with the timing of this tonight when I get home and get back to you and this thread.

Thanks again for your help and the help of the other posters too. ----Dale

eggplant

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »
Hi Dale,

I had this problem too for months. After trying a ton of suggestions, I replaced the originally supplied USB cable with a replacement, and hey presto ! No  more disconnections. That was about six months ago.

As I recall Airnav admitted on the forum that some supplied cables may have been suspect. Another user asked how users should claim for a replacement cable, but the request was refused.

Eggplant
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:48:22 PM by eggplant »
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

dale001

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2009, 01:22:24 AM »
I will let everyone know what's happening, but IF it is a cable, I'm sure Airnav Systems stands behind their fine product and will make it right.

dale001

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2009, 03:18:36 AM »
The timed results:
5:40 p.m. unit is set, steady green light.
10:13 p.m. blinking blue.

4 1/2 hours....what PC setting would that be?

---Dale, getting more and more frustrated.

eggplant

Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

dale001

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2009, 12:56:46 PM »
I will read that older thread more closely, but in my case the blue light flashes, not the red one.

My best,

Dale

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »
4 1/2 hours....what PC setting would that be?

Power management settings on the internal USB root hub(s).

dale001

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
You may want to read my posting earlier in the thread. I did change all the root hub settings---making sure that box is unchecked (turning off power saving), so that is not the problem. I even have made sure of these settings twice and now three times.

I do thank you, though, for responding because this is frustrating,
needless to say.

---Dale

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 03:38:13 PM »
I will read that older thread more closely, but in my case the blue light flashes, not the red one.

My best,

Dale

Red Light?
I have Green for Power, Blue for USB and White for Signal.
Are we talking the correct lights here?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

dale001

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2009, 04:10:31 PM »
In the older thread and older link I was given to look at, the person in that older thread had mentioned that he was getting a red light on "his" box.

That is NOT my issue.

My issue is that I keep getting blue blinking lights when I connect my USB; in other words, the USB and the Signal lights on the box blink when there should only be a steady green. This does not occur immediately, but only after varying lengths of time. When both lights blink, I cannot use the service.

I am hopeful the issue can be resolved. As a college professor, I don't have much time right now, but in the coming days, I would like to enjoy this fine product.

Thanks; the help is greatly appreciated.
---Dale
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 04:18:41 PM by dale001 »

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
Dale,
I have quite a lot of ham gear running off USB ports and sometimes some of them will not run on a particular port due, I guess, to lack of power.
Have you tried a different port or going direct into the PC rather through a hub?
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2009, 05:11:34 PM »
Dale,

Both blue and white lights SHOULD blink (and green light steady) when ANRB is running correctly.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

dale001

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2009, 05:46:01 PM »
Tom, you need to read the whole thread from the beginning; I am aware that while running the software, they should be blinking, but again, reread the whole thread for the issue I'm dealing with and many others are helping me with.

When I'm not using the software, I should be seeing a steady green. I'm getting blinking blue and am UNABLE to start the software/unit unless I move the PC/desk and disconnect and reconnect and then hurry-up and start the software, before it blinks blue again.

Gotta run to Penn State for my students; be back at this on Thursday----
my best,

Dale
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:50:53 PM by dale001 »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2009, 06:40:37 PM »
Hi Dale, if the RB is connected, the green led should be on and steady, if software not running, the blue will flash continually once a second.   When software is running, but no messages being received, the green should be steady and the blue wil flash once a second, as soon as messages are being received, and passed to pc, both white and blue will flash rapidly (and I've found almost continually at times of high message activity).     I leave the RB powered up at all times by the Lindy active hub, green on all the time and blue 1 sec. flashes, until pc connected and software fired up.     My experiences, hope they help.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

dale001

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2009, 06:54:15 PM »
Page 13 of the AirNav RadarBox Manual details what I should be experiencing regarding the lights . . . . and what I’m experiencing is also detailed—and needs correcting. That’s what I’m trying to do—and all of your help is appreciated, believe me.

Let’s be clear, so that people don’t have to read the whole thread:

1. I connect the box to my PC using the USB cable I got from AirNav.
2. Initially, I see a steady green light, nothing else. That is normal, but . . . .
3. After a brief or lengthy period of time (it varies), the “USB” and “signal” lights blink, approximately one beat per second, and they are steady (The two blue or bluish lights on the box).
4. When this occurs, I am UNABLE to use Radarbox in any capacity.
5. In order to use it, I have to disconnect and reconnect my USB cable and then immediately begin the software because if they blink steady blue again, I cannot connect or use the service.
6. If I am quick enough and connect and then later quit the program, #3 and #4 (above) occur again.
7. I have disabled all power savings and sleep modes on the PC and in all USB root hubs (all four of them); I have double and triple checked this.

That’s where I stand at the moment.
Thanks guys,
-----Dale