AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ANRB v3.12 polar diagram  (Read 4258 times)

Canonjohns40D

ANRB v3.12 polar diagram
« on: November 29, 2009, 10:59:27 PM »
Hi

i have been running my polar diagram for several days now and it seems much smaller than before V3.11 was installed. I have attached it below for information.

Has anyone else noticed a change in their diagram? not complaining by the way just thinking out loud.

John
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:27:52 PM by Canonjohns40D »
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

pcochrane12

Re: ANRB v3.12 polar diagram
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:27:54 AM »
hi john
i've checked my polar and there appears to be little if any difference
paul

bratters

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 08:04:00 AM »
Give it time John.

My old diag. had been built up over the summer months when there was plenty of traffic and some exceptionally long range contacts were made. I've started again and it's slow progress - traffic is definitely down but this weekend and this morning in particular things seem to be bouncing back.

If in doubt about MyFlights, you can always run a check against Network to ensure your box isn't missing anything.

KevinB

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
I have noticed the same thing happen. Installed v3.12 about a week ago and reset the polar diagram and have seen it only grow to about half the range I had before. Accept it may take time to grow but in tracking aircraft out over the channel to France they are disappearing far earlier than they used to. Range seems to have dropped from circa 120 miles to circa 70 miles.

bratters

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 12:50:38 PM »
I have noticed the same thing happen. Installed v3.12 about a week ago and reset the polar diagram and have seen it only grow to about half the range I had before. Accept it may take time to grow but in tracking aircraft out over the channel to France they are disappearing far earlier than they used to. Range seems to have dropped from circa 120 miles to circa 70 miles.

Ugh!!!  I've just had this identical problem happen to me - usually 150ish nm but can't get over 90nm and from 50/60 flights down to 20.

However as  v3.11 has been up & running OK for some time it's not software methinks but hardware. Lack of sensitivity seems to be the problem and my box is winging its way back for repairs as I speak.

We'll soon know.

KevinB

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 03:41:51 PM »

Ugh!!!  I've just had this identical problem happen to me - usually 150ish nm but can't get over 90nm and from 50/60 flights down to 20.

However as  v3.11 has been up & running OK for some time it's not software methinks but hardware. Lack of sensitivity seems to be the problem and my box is winging its way back for repairs as I speak.

We'll soon know.

bratters - please let me know the outcome with your box so I know whether or not I need to send mine back. Thanks.

bratters

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 03:56:09 PM »
Will do Kevin.