anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: One Folder - One Backup - One Click  (Read 2697 times)

Bell 407

One Folder - One Backup - One Click
« on: November 28, 2009, 12:57:47 PM »
Hi All,

As we all proceed along the this great ANRB path, I am sure we all appreciate the importance of the data that we store on a daily basis. This data currently exists in a variety of files and folders within the programme folder. To be honest I sometimes find it daunting to know just exactly which folder contains which data and what exactly each file does.

In order to safe guard our important data, would it not be advisable for future versions of ANRB to separate out the programme files from the data files. Hence the title of the topic One Folder - One Backup - One Click?

This being the case I would be safe in the knowledge knowing that the data I have would be (a) easily backed up AND (b) easily transfereable to any new versions of the programme.

For some of us who are a bit PC illiterate, this would be a wonderful advantage knowing that there is just one single important folder to protect at all times.

Cheers,

Fenris

Re: One Folder - One Backup - One Click
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 05:10:04 PM »
As it stands, backing up the whole tree where the RB shortcut points will do what you want.

But I agree, it would be good to separate the data from the program, in the user's application data tree would get my vote.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: One Folder - One Backup - One Click
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 05:34:38 PM »
This is a good suggestion. Pls add it to the "Requests for a Future Version" forum thread so we can implement it in the future.