AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 31007 times)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2009, 10:36:48 PM »
Did you open the log file while the application was running? I've noticed a few times that if I open that file (in notepad or whatever) while RB is running, it sometimes locks the file and RB can no longer get 'write' permission to append anymore data to it. Deleting it will force the logger to recreate the file.

No doubt that is exactly what I did, notepad is my friend :)

I'll have to stop being no nosy while RB is writing to the file!

Thanks AirNav 3D Dev

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2009, 12:51:26 AM »
Regarding the latest 3D version;

Still no 3D tab visible in Preferences

Preferences window still has scroll bars in the bottom where the Apply, OK, Cancel & Help buttons are despite plenty of screen real-estate

3D View Manu item initially not visible  - after switching to 2D View it appears!??

When it does appear selecting 3D View still opens up the Preferences window on the General tab

3D Map View still does not show aircraft in my vicinity despite them appearing in 2D View

When switching to 2D Map it still opens up in less than half the width of the available space

When switching back to 3D View all map details have disappeared leaving a plain grey/brown background. No amount of zooming in & out or reloading the Plug-In will change it

Sometimes radar-rings will appear for my Home location and sometimes what looks like a reload or repeat icon appears

Clicking on an aircraft icon in the 3D view pops open the info box but sometimes so briefly it is not long enough to read before it closes again

Also when building a new .exe would it be possible to put the revision or build details in the title bar please?

At least I could see at a glance whether the version has changes as it looks like I am still running the original version! ;^)

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

Hi Glyn,

It's interesting that you don't see the '3D View' menu option and '3D Settings' tab with the new .exe. My first thought would be that the previous exe is still being started somehow. Does anyone else still have these missing with the new exe? Your suggestion about showing each build number/version in the title is a good one (it would indeed verify whether you're running the new one or not). I'll look into seeing if can get this changed like you mentioned. Also, if you get a beta_log.txt file in your application directory after starting ANRB, you're running the new version. Please email us that file (please zip it if possible) and we'll use that to help troubleshoot your specific bug finds. Thanks!

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2009, 05:13:28 AM »
some eye candy for those so interested :)

Falcon

« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2009, 05:20:26 AM »
Hi,

- 3D Menu and 3D Preferences now showing

- How is a network 3D flight identified on the map? An example would be the asterisk on the 2D map. Not to say that an asterisk is appropriate for the 3D view, but something is needed.

- Default images needed when aircraft images not found for the pop-up windows when right clicking on aircraft symbols on map.

- If Radar Rings are implemented they for sure should have the option to show the same way as in the 2D view and remain in view no matter what 3D angle your viewing on but they should remain on the surface. Others input or thoughts welcome here.

Regards,
Darryl

Falcon

« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2009, 05:21:14 AM »
some eye candy for those so interested :)
Your not supposed to be having fun with this :-)

Thanks for sharing!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:27:50 AM by Falcon »

Falcon

« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2009, 05:36:43 AM »
ADS-B aircraft not showing up on map. It's in My Flights and you can go to it such as left click in my flights and and select goto aircraft but there is nothing there when you get there.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 05:55:40 PM by Falcon »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2009, 06:08:17 AM »
ADS-B aircraft not showing up on map. It's in My Flights and you can go to it such as left click in my flights and and select goto aircraft but there is nothing there when you get there.

I've seen similar, but its usually just after it has appeared in the text interface, or just before its about to time out. Seems to be a lag or a lead in the 3D display algorithm.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2009, 07:57:38 AM »
Your not supposed to be having fun with this :-)

ooops - I'd better not say how I found this one funny too then
same aircraft going in different directions depending on the view  :)

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2009, 01:51:42 PM »
Today my RadarBox stopped working. RB running and I left when I returned I noticed that was not working. He had the blank screen and the manager of the Windows message message "not responding".
Here are the screens with the information. I am sending the log by e-mail.

Nagg
http://radarboxbrasil.blogspot.com/

Frank

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2009, 02:38:13 PM »
Hi,

I have installed the 3D software (first and second exe.). Installed it in a fresh directory. I can see a google-map , but no aircrafts are displayed (myflights and network flights) on the google-map. There are plenty of aircrafts on the grid, but zero on the map.  3D Preferences are set to minimum. When I use a 'normal' 2d map, everything is well displayed. What could be the problem? (Google-plugin has been installed)

Frank

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »
Hi,

I have installed the 3D software (first and second exe.). Installed it in a fresh directory. I can see a google-map , but no aircrafts are displayed (myflights and network flights) on the google-map. There are plenty of aircrafts on the grid, but zero on the map.  3D Preferences are set to minimum. When I use a 'normal' 2d map, everything is well displayed. What could be the problem? (Google-plugin has been installed)

Frank

Hi Frank -- I just sent you an email regarding some things to try. Let me know if you don't receive it.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2009, 09:42:59 PM »
Today my RadarBox stopped working. RB running and I left when I returned I noticed that was not working. He had the blank screen and the manager of the Windows message message "not responding".
Here are the screens with the information. I am sending the log by e-mail.

Nagg
http://radarboxbrasil.blogspot.com/

Hi Nagg,

We're looking at your logs and looking for any ideas. Did your system come out of a screensaver when you returned to the PC?

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2009, 10:11:53 PM »
Here is a new .exe. Again, you will need to overwrite your old .exe as it's not an installer. This new exe only addresses a few specific items.

1. It should eliminate (hopefully) the lat/long jaggies that occur in the flight trail
2. It should prevent (hopefully) altitude 'humps' in the flight trail
3. It now processes all of the network flights correctly (before it was only showing about 60% at any given time).

If anyone has any free time to try this version and report back on these three specific items, that would be very helpful. We're still adding/fixing/testing a lot of the other items found in the forum thread, but there not ready to include in this build yet.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANRB_3D/ANRBb.zip

Thanks!

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2009, 10:22:21 PM »
1. It should eliminate (hopefully) the lat/long jaggies that occur in the flight trail

AirNav - does this have the blackhole rectangle fix from v3.11 or is it just a workaround?

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »
Never mind - I see the blackhole still exists in the latest 3D version. JST630 is shown deep in the blackhole area with v3.13, and nowhere to be seen on the 2D screen in the latest v4.00 (although with the workaround it is showing on the 3D screen) until it exits the blackhole rectangle.