anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 37898 times)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2009, 03:45:20 AM »
AirNav 3D Dev

Would it be possible to post a list somewhere of the bugs we have reported and that you are working on. One that can be updated so we can see when they are killed. I know I've reported quite a few, and when either the exe is updated, or the geplugin, I'd like to know whether I should be reporting old bugs again, or just hope they are still on the to do list.

e.g. the invalid starting points, and random height anomalies still exist, but I don't know if they should....

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2009, 04:04:38 AM »
AirNav 3D Dev

Would it be possible to post a list somewhere of the bugs we have reported and that you are working on. One that can be updated so we can see when they are killed. I know I've reported quite a few, and when either the exe is updated, or the geplugin, I'd like to know whether I should be reporting old bugs again, or just hope they are still on the to do list.

e.g. the invalid starting points, and random height anomalies still exist, but I don't know if they should....

Hi Peter,

The list of working items is not public at the moment. I can assure you that this random trail point issue is still being worked on. The latest exe didn't include anything addressing that issue as you obviously noticed. However, if you can provide us with the flight number of these specific flights plus the debug_log.txt, it will very much help us in testing and eliminating the trail problem. If we can provide a list of working bugs, we will try and do so soon. Thanks again for all of your posts, every one is very valuable in helping us with the final app.

GlynH

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2009, 07:42:08 AM »
I don't know how many times old bugs are going to be re-introduced into the app but after double-clicking the RB icon but then choosing to Cancel instead of Start it appears to wipe out all of my Alert settings??

This is not specific to the 3D version but should be directed towards the 2D team I believe...

As I used to come across the problem in the past I took to keeping all of my Alerts in a text file so it would be easy to cut & paste the details back so it doesn't cause me so much grief as it used to.

It is annoying though...

Also the Vertical Tracking View and Trail Lines are reselected and the Map window seems to be larger than normal also as I can only see the MyFlights & Network tabs without scrolling across...may be more but it looks like it restores the default settings?

Irrespective of whether you elect to Start or Cancel ANRB should honour the users previous preferences IMHO.

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2009, 08:07:03 AM »
Regarding the latest 3D version;

Still no 3D tab visible in Preferences

Preferences window still has scroll bars in the bottom where the Apply, OK, Cancel & Help buttons are despite plenty of screen real-estate

3D View Manu item initially not visible  - after switching to 2D View it appears!??

When it does appear selecting 3D View still opens up the Preferences window on the General tab

3D Map View still does not show aircraft in my vicinity despite them appearing in 2D View

When switching to 2D Map it still opens up in less than half the width of the available space

When switching back to 3D View all map details have disappeared leaving a plain grey/brown background. No amount of zooming in & out or reloading the Plug-In will change it

Sometimes radar-rings will appear for my Home location and sometimes what looks like a reload or repeat icon appears

Clicking on an aircraft icon in the 3D view pops open the info box but sometimes so briefly it is not long enough to read before it closes again

Also when building a new .exe would it be possible to put the revision or build details in the title bar please?

At least I could see at a glance whether the version has changes as it looks like I am still running the original version! ;^)

Thanks & regards,
-=Glyn=-

GlynH

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2009, 09:11:23 AM »
So far there are is a lot great feedback regarding bugs and oddness in the app (which is great--we need this), but what in general do you think about the app? Do you like it so far? Would you continue to use it after the beta? What would you most like changed or added to the 3D part? General comments or suggestions like this help very much since you guys are the target audience for this. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I am all for eye-candy...in fact I have purchased games that sport great graphics - and I am not even a games player! Some of them are still shrink-wrapped!!

However for most serious apps such as ANRB & SatNav for example I personally much prefer the 2D view.

I understand why 3D is being implemented (competitions announcement of 3D, appeal to new users, generate extra revenue etc.) but I for one would much rather that resources were targeted towards implementing some of the many great user suggestions that have been put forward in the forum to improve the core functionality of the app.

My own preference (apologies to everybody who have heard me harping on about this for over a year) would be for proper dual/multi-monitor awareness & undockable windows so that I am able to open the map on one display and the MyFlights details on another for example.

As it stands to get a decent size map display I have to shrink the interface right down which impacts badly on what details I am able to see.

The ability to order the visible grid columns would also be high on my list also.

Don't get me wrong as I think the 3D view is a great feature to have but for *ME* it would probably only get used when people come to look at the RadarBox as they would initially be impressed I am sure.

And of that generates a sale then I am all for that!

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2009, 10:45:52 AM »
Well I can see 1 tick in the box, in that now double clicking on an aircraft in the text interface highlights it in both 2D & 3D screens when running split screen.

AirNav 3D dev - the debug log seems very small, and whe it fills up all remaining logging is discarded. My last one was started at 3.15pm and stops recording at 3.22pm. It is now 9.30pm and nothing logged for the past 6 hours!

I was going to send you another bug report with log, but there seems no point as the log doesn't cover the desired timeframe.... is this working as designed?

abrad41

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2009, 01:41:54 PM »
Hi
With the new "exe"

I sometimes get the welcome screen when starting, but not all the time.

I have know got the 3D View on the menu bar and it is working when clicking on 3D view settings.

When I go to preferences, I know have a tab for 3D view and the "apply & Ok" Buttons now work ok.

Map view only opens up half way, need to fill the map area.

Split view only two thin maps, need to be expanded to fill map area, then when I go back to either map view or 3D view, I just get a small map in the middle.

Still not showing the same amount of a/c in 3D, as there is in 2D.

Andy

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2009, 02:00:42 PM »
Well I can see 1 tick in the box, in that now double clicking on an aircraft in the text interface highlights it in both 2D & 3D screens when running split screen.

AirNav 3D dev - the debug log seems very small, and whe it fills up all remaining logging is discarded. My last one was started at 3.15pm and stops recording at 3.22pm. It is now 9.30pm and nothing logged for the past 6 hours!

I was going to send you another bug report with log, but there seems no point as the log doesn't cover the desired timeframe.... is this working as designed?

Hi Peter,

Please delete the file (debug_log.txt) completely and restart RB app. This should cause RB to recreate it. I'm not sure why it stopped logging for you. Did you open the log file while the application was running? I've noticed a few times that if I open that file (in notepad or whatever) while RB is running, it sometimes locks the file and RB can no longer get 'write' permission to append anymore data to it. Deleting it will force the logger to recreate the file.

abrad41

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2009, 04:35:00 PM »
AirNav

Just noticed weather is not working either.

Andy

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2009, 04:43:38 PM »
AirNav

Just noticed weather is not working either.

Andy

Weather seems to be unavailable at the moment - running RB 2010 Beta 3.13 rather than the 3D beta.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2009, 05:18:48 PM »
Weather working OK again now :-)

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2009, 05:20:11 PM »

Still not showing the same amount of a/c in 3D, as there is in 2D.

Hi Andy,

Could you provide me with the 'beta_log.txt' that was generated in your application directory? This will help us figure out which aircraft are not loading and why they are not loading. Please zip the file if possible since it might be rather large unzipped.

abrad41

« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2009, 07:06:21 PM »
AirNav

Just sent

Andy

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2009, 07:23:27 PM »
AirNav

Just sent

Andy

Thanks Andy -- we received it and are examining it now.

abrad41

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2009, 08:14:35 PM »
Weather seems to be unavailable at the moment - running RB 2010 Beta 3.13 rather than the 3D beta.

Weather working OK again now :-)

Thank you

Andy