AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing  (Read 30456 times)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: RadarBox 3D (4.00) Ready for Beta Testing
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 10:06:49 AM »
Noticed a little system slowdown after running with the network connected for a while. I was actually trying to watch a local aircraft at the time but the 3D screen was very slow too...

turning off the network and things returned to more normal CPU/memory usage ant the system became responsive again.

prbflight

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
I concur with pjm on all of the above.  As well I let RadarBox 3D run all night and when I woke up my system had bogged down to where it was un-usable.

Paul@cyyb

DVDW

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 05:07:02 PM »
Same experiences over here.
When i select the 3D View Settings only the tabs general, radarbox, home station data and map colors are showing. I can't modify any of the 3D settings, i cant't see them neither.

Regards,

Dirk.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
We are paying attention to your feedback. Pls continue to report more problems and/or suggestions.

abrad41

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 06:01:36 PM »
AirNav

I have some of the same things, but not all, some of my own too.

When you select the 3D settings from "3D View/3D View Settings" it takes you to the 3D settings pane in preferences, but the tab is missing from the top. If you select one of the other preferences tab, you can't get back to the 3D settings directly.

When you go to preferences, no setting and no tab for setting. 3D View from Menu - this started out ok, i could get into setting, but now been running a while, cannot get to setting at all.

Red cross in aircraft info box

This I have seen too - seems to be where a/c photo is missing, also info box does not always have a blue x to close info box.

latitude/longitude/altitude (etc) infobar at bottom of 3D screen is so dim as to be unreadable...

Think this needs changing from grey to white. Also when I went to preferences to see if I could change colour - then click a colour - everything frooze.

FTP upload of 2D screen not working. May be related to above "split screen" activation and dislogs falling behind main screen, Because there is some 2D screen uploads from before switching to split mode.

Ftp working ok when just the 2d map view is selected, but not work when on split screen or 3D screen.

EDIT- 2 screenshots below, 1st one I got after closing down through task manager, 2nd is a report

Andy
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:09:09 PM by abrad41 »

abrad41

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »
Have seen some spikes for the first time, below

When started for second time - Had a google plugin error, but went away quick. I had no 3D dropp down menu, then it came back.

abrad41

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »
It seem to run ok with planeplotter

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »
With regard to the system bogging down after leaving it running for a while, can you provide us with a screenshot of your 3D Settings dialog plus whether or not you have hardware, network or both flights selected. This will help figure out what is causing the slowness. Also, a brief description of your system specs would help too (i.e. CPU speed and memory amount and OS version).

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 10:00:43 PM »
When you select the 3D settings from "3D View/3D View Settings" it takes you to the 3D settings pane in preferences, but the tab is missing from the top. If you select one of the other preferences tab, you can't get back to the 3D settings directly.
When you go to preferences, no setting and no tab for setting. 3D View from Menu - this started out ok, i could get into setting, but now been running a while, cannot get to setting at all.

You might find this is where the preferences (and other popups) is actually opening with focus but falling behind the main RB window so you can't see them. You can close the "hidden behind" window with Alt-F4 as it has the focus, and then the main RB window will have the focus again.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 10:17:19 PM »
Pls continue to report more problems and/or suggestions.

I'd like to see options to ftp upload both 2D and/or 3D screenshots :)

There was a suggestion to make the FTP upload interval user selectable - I think this is a good idea too. It doesn't actually impact me (bandwidth wise) as I ftp to a server on my local area network, and a different program uploads my screenshots (at the interval I select).

Can we please have ANRB remember its settings (from record desktop) when it is stretched across 2 (or more) monitors?. Every time I start ANRB I have to do the "restore down/move to top of primary monitor/stretch across 2 screens" as it only startps up maximised across the primary monitor.

Likewise can the "Connect to ACARS Decoder" tickbox setting be remembered - because it always starts turned off, and sometimes I forget to turn it on.

Also can ANRB remember the state of the "Split View" setting between startups.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 10:21:19 PM by pjm »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »
I've had a couple of crashes at ANRB shutdown too...

AirNav Dev - I've emailed you the ANRB.elv file - its about 2mb.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 10:38:35 PM »
re split screen view.

When the 2D screen has focus, clicking on an aircraft only highlights it in the 2D screen and the text interface.

When the 3D screen has focus clicking on an aircraft only selects it in the 3D screen and the text interface.

and in reverse, clicking on an aircraft in the text interface only selects it and which ever 2D or 3D view is in focus.

It would make sense logically if clicking on aircraft in any of the 3 panes changed the selection on all three windows.

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
re split screen view.

When the 2D screen has focus, clicking on an aircraft only highlights it in the 2D screen and the text interface.

When the 3D screen has focus clicking on an aircraft only selects it in the 3D screen and the text interface.

and in reverse, clicking on an aircraft in the text interface only selects it and which ever 2D or 3D view is in focus.

It would make sense logically if clicking on aircraft in any of the 3 panes changed the selection on all three windows.

pjm, I agree with you regarding this. However it's a little more complicated since the 2D view selects the aircraft on 'mouse over' instead of only on a click. There will need to be some modifications to the 2D to eliminate the mouse over select and make it an onclick and then use that to select in the 3D. I tried using the 'mouse over' select from the 2D to select in the 3D too, but things start selecting too quickly and doesn't feel right. I'll consult with others and see what we can implement to make this work correctly. Thanks for the suggestion.

We'll add the double-click select from the grid to select both 2D and 3D views (if split view is active). That one should be easy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:36:29 AM by AirNav 3D Development »

AirNav 3D Development

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 12:20:17 AM »
Pls continue to report more problems and/or suggestions.

I'd like to see options to ftp upload both 2D and/or 3D screenshots :)

pjm - We'll look into making this available. The Google Earth TOS might make posting screenshots a little tricky. We'll investigate and see if it can be done within the TOS. Thanks for the suggestion.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 05:30:36 AM »
I've left ANRB 3D running all day and just came back to an interesting effect that I haven't seen before. I'll call it the "red rain" effect :)

Have a look at the red lines going to the ground.

Airnav - let me know if you need a better quality video (than the youtube version), otherwise I'll delete the original in a couple of days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyoBmVCbicc