anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.12 Beta - Released  (Read 15495 times)

jannuh

Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.12 Beta - Released
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 01:17:40 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 03:59:28 PM »
AirNav,

I am sorry to say that v3.12Beta has not stopped the close down fault on my Windows Vista PC.

I run RadarBox on both an XP desktop (on which v3.12 does now close down properly) and on a Vista laptop which is still getting the error message and any changes I have made are not saved. If I can give any more information please ask.

MIKE

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 04:02:18 PM »
Start v3.12 and go the Help menu, About. Report us what is the date of the exe you are using. Also pls send us a screen shot of the error msgs that you are seeing.

abrad41

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 04:09:33 PM »
AirNav

Downloaded new exe file about 30 mins ago. Closed down 3 times and always been clean close down - no errors.

I am running Vista 32bit

Andy

Roadrunner

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 04:30:46 PM »
AirNav

The details are Software version = V.3.12 Date 2009/11/28 14:53
Firmware version = 1.01.0

There appears to be a difference depending on whether one uses the File/Exit or the Top right Red X

When using the File/exit a box labelled "Are you sure you want to exit AirNav RadarBox 2010-312 Beta" Yes/No using this and it closes OK

When using the Top Right Red X there is no message displayed until a box appears that states  "AirNav RadrBox has stopped working. This changes automatically within a second or two to read as per attached file.

I will try and remember to use the File/Exit method to close but both methods work properly on the XP machine - it is only the Vista PC that has this Red X problem.

Mike

abrad41

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 04:37:33 PM »
Roadrunner

Just tried your method with shutting down with the red x.

Still the same here - clean shut down. I am not running network though, so try shutting down without network flights, see if it makes any difference.

Andy

Roadrunner

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »
Roadrunner

Just tried your method with shutting down with the red x.

Still the same here - clean shut down. I am not running network though, so try shutting down without network flights, see if it makes any difference.

Andy

Andy,

Did not make any difference whether I had internet on or off, still get the error.

Mike

Fenris

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 04:50:17 PM »
Tried the two methods here, Vista 32bit, both close without any error dialog or anything showing in the debugger window.

I am at present not using the network but it's never made any difference here before now.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2009, 05:10:40 PM »
I'm getting the same messages when I shut down v3.12, whichever method I use to shut down.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

EGNXR

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 05:31:20 PM »
Just installed v3.12 (only to use latest version - I had no crash on exit problems on v3.11 or any previous version).

However since recreating my Polar Diagram recently on v3.11b (and not using the network since) it has a spike going deep down into France!

Any explanation?

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

This ones been around since V2.1 and is tied in to Atlantic ATP's that are not ADSB but somehow give out spurious position data randomly. If I reset my polar diagram I'll get the spike back in exactly the same place within a couple of days.

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 05:33:46 PM »
Viking9 and RoadRunner: we have just sent you one email with debug instructions. Pls try to reply ASAP so we can solve this problem today.

Roadrunner

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 06:19:39 PM »
Viking9 and RoadRunner: we have just sent you one email with debug instructions. Pls try to reply ASAP so we can solve this problem today.

I have3 got the program, have run it but at the end it gives no clue as to what I do with the file Save AS? I can find no record of it saving any files with data on my PC? Any ideas.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 06:25:31 PM »
Roadrunner: pls answer to the email account from where we sent the message to you.

Pinza

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Hi John (EGNXR),

<This ones been around since V2.1 and is tied in to Atlantic ATP's that are not ADSB but somehow give out spurious position data randomly. If I reset my polar diagram I'll get the spike back in exactly the same place within a couple of days.>

Very interesting and useful reply - indeed your polar diagram spike seems to be in the same direction as the one I posted.

Would appear to be an Atlantic ATP issue rather than an AirNav RB problem, so won't pursue it on this thread.

My newly recreated Polar Diagram is pretty much the same as my old one (without the silly spike as I must have avoided receiving dodgy data from an Atlantic ATP).

However, will turn that facilty off for now - its useful for seeing my recent range for current setup - but once I know that, I don't need to use it until I move or upgrade antenna.

Many thanks
Chris
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:58:45 PM by Pinza »

Pinza

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »

Would appear to be an Atlantic ATP issue rather than an AirNav RB problem, so won't pursue it on this thread.

Having said that, I will pursue it:

The Atlantic ATPs seem to be the root cause of this problem. They are non ADS-B aircraft but transmitting spurious/dodgy/wrong positional data.

For them to be appearing on my RB they must be Mode-S fitted?

Ideally (in next release?) AirNav could 'ban' these 'rogue' aircraft from importing the positional data.

If not, possibly an option for a user to select that 'locally' (on their own computer) for specific rogue aircraft?