anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Easyjet G-EZFO  (Read 3738 times)

eggplant

Easyjet G-EZFO
« on: November 27, 2009, 05:51:46 PM »
G-EZFO is a recently delivered airbus for easyjet. I found this picture of the airframe in build. A good one to add in your Photos folder. You just have to resize it.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Easyjet G-EZFO
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 09:24:58 PM »
Hi Eggplant, nice one, but is that all there is between us and oblivion.............!    Quite frightening when you think about it, with the stresses and forces involved.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

eggplant

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 09:41:31 PM »
I work with a chap that was a hands-on technician at Heathrow for 11 years. Some of the tales he has told me are scary - he actually left because he was unhappy at being coerced into "signing off" aircraft as safe when he didn't believe they were. Better not say too much more on the subject.

Bottom line - aircraft is still the safest form of transport.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 08:44:28 AM »
Hi Eggplant, nice one, but is that all there is between us and oblivion.............!    Quite frightening when you think about it, with the stresses and forces involved.

I don't recall too many recent cases of structural failure Jon, so the calculations done are correct in the main.

And even if there is a failure it is rare that it brings the aircraft down.

eggplant

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 10:23:25 AM »
Brian,

I think Jons comments were philosophical rather than a statement that airframe structure is unsafe due to calculations as your post seemed to imply.

Eggplant

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 06:13:20 PM »
Hi Eggplant - Spot On!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Fenris

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 06:42:07 PM »
Brian,

I think Jons comments were philosophical rather than a statement that airframe structure is unsafe due to calculations as your post seemed to imply.

Well he did say "Quite frightening when you think about it" which I didn't take to be philosophical...

CoastGuardJon

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
When you see a landing like this, would you really want to fly in it on a subsequent flight - may be the head in the sand syndrome - but if you don't know about it, you don't worry about it ............!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iIG1ZOPLJA

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:46:45 PM by CoastGuardJon »

Fenris

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »
No problem, I'm sure that the G-meters were consulted and the structure was given an inspection if there was any concern.

The wing flex seen is less than that occurring during in flight turbulence.