AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radar Box Losing Connection  (Read 2766 times)

dauntless

Radar Box Losing Connection
« on: November 25, 2009, 12:49:07 PM »
I know i have been talking about this subject before and have gone indepth with others regarding sorting the problem of the box hardware becoming disconnected.

As an experiment i have removed the box and software from my laptop (phillips x57) and installed everything fresh onto my desktop which is as good as my laptop regarding spec.

I have concluded that it has to be a fault with the software, Ariel/cable or the box itself.

My reasons are as follows

Installed original supplied software version 2.0
rebooted computer
connected box
altered settings to my liking and within 1 hour of it running it disconnected, pulled usb and re-inserted, two hours later it disconnected resulting in having to repeat the process.

This has been tried in all possible usb ports in the desktop, all with similar results.
I'm therefore concluding it cannot be the PC, but would be very very shocked if it was.
I also upgraded to versiion 3.11 and problem is still there, which could rule out the software.
I have also tested various usb connections with other power required items such as an external hard disk and it has been running over 24 hours, hopefully while not looking at it for that period as most would know when connecting such items it auto runs prompting what actions you would like to do and this message has never re-appeared over the 24 hour test.
And before anyone questions i did insert usb external disk, recieved this prompt, left it 30 mins, removed it and re-inserted it, getting the promt.
Hope that makes sense.

Best wishes

Andy

Fenris

Re: Radar Box Losing Connection
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 01:28:42 PM »
Suggest trying a different USB cable. Lots of people have found that fixes the problem.

bratters

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:43:18 PM »
Suggest trying a different USB cable. Lots of people have found that fixes the problem.

Yup - I'd go along with that. These boxes can real piccy when it comes to USB cables. I'm currently using a 5mtr USB active cable to which I can add a further 5mtr of basic USB extension to give a very useful 10 mtr mobility.

RB very happy with this. Ebay has plenty of reasonable active cable deals.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 01:49:32 PM »
Either the USB cable, or power saving settings on the internal USB hubs.

t1mb0

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 05:22:37 PM »
Try this thread
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2972.0

I think it's been done to death in there.
12m SE of EGHI