AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.11 Beta - Released  (Read 64420 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.11 Beta - Released
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 11:05:05 PM »
Jon, it sounds like Windows is still using the anrb.exe.  Try re-booting the PC, then DON'T run Radarbox, and try replacing anrb.exe with the new one.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »
Sorry CoastGuardJon,

But if you don't know computers well, its best to stay clear of the beta. The beta so far has been a success and we should be releasing the full version soon, fingers crossed if no major issue is found.

The problem is Beta testing we require people will knowledge of computers to identify and replicate issues. If we get too many non-computer people downloading we get lots of issues sent to us which are not problems but customer errors or we end spending a lot of time explaining small issues. This way the beta is done with people with computer skills and is less painful for both the consumer and us. I hope you understand.

Fingers crossed we should have a full version fairly soon :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2009, 12:46:54 AM »
Thanks for the prompt replies all,

For me it would to be easier just download the latest full version (not just an exe file) rather than trying to set up this ANRB exe file (but please keep the multi lingual manuals as a separate entity - doubles the size of the download).

Toys and rattles out the pram time, got an early start - going out compulsorily purchasing farmers' cows that have failed a TB test and been classified as a Reactors, so they can be slaughtered PME'd and samples taken for testing.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

cray725

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2009, 03:50:03 AM »
The beta tests require some knowledge of computers and how to replace .exe files etc. And Windows file structures. Beta tests aren't for everyone I guess.
But the work beta testers do here, and others,  will greatly help, to the final release. So hang in there I guess :)
I'm not involved in the closed beta tests, but Beta 3.11 is a great improvement overall to me.
RadarBox is an integrated product that gives everything out of the box now :)
ANRB, Acars 2.1, AirnavSuite 2004 and an SBS1e

Mike_Tassy

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2009, 09:54:37 AM »
The exe I received was anrb.ex_   which has to be renamed to anrb.exe
Not sure if this is relevant
Mike

Mike_Tassy

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »
In the latest release, I would like the option to choose the interval for ftp upload. Its set at 30 seconds. I would like to be able to change this to my own liking
Mike

Netcop

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
Thanks for 3.11, Arnav.

Even your previous versions worked for me as tanks (we like this comparison in Russia) in terms of functionality and reliability and looked as cover girls in terms of real ATC imagination. This combination I see very rare in the software world nowadays.

Nevertheless  I have few small issues concerning ACARS part of v.3.11 (probably it’s only my problems):

1.   When a have long list of ACARS entries displayed in ACARS section of 3.11, on photos/details panel at the bottom I see photo of aircraft, having sent ACARS message which is displayed last in the list. When I select other (not last) entry on the list I expect to have photo of aircraft which has sent this ACARS message. But I still have the photo of same aircraft (which has sent last in the list ACARS message). 

If no new ACARS messages were received in timeslot, when I do manipulation which are described above, in approximately 2 minutes I’ll have photo of correct aircraft (from  the entry which I selected, not last entry). 

2.   When I received both Mode-S/ADS-B and ACARS messages from the same aircraft, I have its photos in My Flights photo panel virtually immediately, but in ACARS photo panel I still have status “Downloading Photo” in a few more minutes

3.   When I select some entry in ACARS list and I try to use right click menu (Show MyLog Entries and Locate FlightID) returning results are incorrect (MyLog) or empty (FlightID). Actually Show MyLog command from ACARS panel returns results of my last search using this command from MyFlights or Network.

4.   When I unmark and mark Connect to Airnav ACARS Decoder square in ACARS panel I loose connection between 3.11 and Decoder 2.1. I need to reload 3.11 to recreate the link.

Do other 3.11/ACARS Decoder 2.1 users experience same issues?

But anyway even these issues will be confirmed I think it will be not too difficult for Airnav to make small make-up for their 3.11 beauty.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:25:41 AM by Netcop »
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
Some good points..

1.   When a have long list of ACARS entries displayed in ACARS section of 3.11, on photos/details panel at the bottom I see photo of aircraft, having sent ACARS message which is displayed last in the list. When I select other (not last) entry on the list I expect to have photo of aircraft which has sent this ACARS message. But I still have the photo of same aircraft (which has sent last in the list ACARS message).

Yes I see this too, never noticed it before, strange how the messages scroll back through the list, but not the photos.

3.   When I select some entry in ACARS list and I try to use right click menu (Show MyLog Entries and Locate FlightID) returning results are incorrect (MyLog) or empty (FlightID). Actually Show MyLog command from ACARS panel returns results of my last search using this command from MyFlights or Network.

indeed, the mylog lookup seems to be using a filter "ModeS = (blank)" instead of "Registration = (registration)"

4.   When I unmark and mark Connect to Airnav ACARS Decoder square in ACARS panel I loose connection between 3.11 and Decoder 2.1. I need to reload 3.11 to recreate the link.

This problem is actually corrected in v3.11, although I would like to see ANRB remember the state of this checkbox between restarts. I often forget to check it when I restart ANRB...

EK01

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2009, 03:07:25 PM »
Yes, the 5 minute delay has been removed from the port 30003 output, not from the network unless you have paid for the real-time network when the network refresh interval will be 20 seconds not 30.

If it shows 3.11 you have saved it to the right place and all is OK.

Thanks Brian and others. It would appear that I have correctly installed the exe file just got a bit confused regarding real time network and 5 minute delay network. According to AN in reply #46 of this thread, they hope to be releasing a full version of 3.11 soon as opposed to the beta version. A lot better for us computer illiterates.

Ian

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2009, 03:48:07 PM »
HI  This morning download ver 3.11.  copied into my 3.09 directory and started up.  Ran ok but I found all my preferences and alerts had been wiped.  As if it had reset my registry settings.  Had to go thru and recreate every from scratch!!

grr

Graham

DeeJay

« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »
The last full download I have is V3.6. I do have betas 3.07 3.08 and 3.11 all ok. My question is, when the next full download comes along, will I have to uninstall the betas in order to download/install the latest full version. Will be grateful for any advice on this.

Fenris

« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 06:19:11 PM »
In theory, you will be OK, but I'm not certain how the update will install into what will probably be a RadarBox 2010 directory when previously it was RadarBox 2009 and of course the betas have been in separate directories of their own.

Airnav might do well to separate the program from the data directories, that way it wouldn't be necessary to duplicate all of the logs, databases and photos and then have to move or copy things about.

Airnav, could we have an explanation of how this will work please?

Fenris

« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2009, 06:21:14 PM »
I'm still experiencing a warning message from 3.11 beta when it is closed. I thought that it shut down OK on the first occasion, but today it threw up the Vista warning dialog saying "anrb.exe has stopped working" and offering to try and search for an explanation.

Is it only me that has this problem? Not seen any other reports.

lambertw

« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2009, 06:45:52 PM »
I get the same message when I come out of the forum page,then anrb shuts down.

Netcop

« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2009, 07:10:01 PM »

4.   When I unmark and mark Connect to Airnav ACARS Decoder square in ACARS panel I loose connection between 3.11 and Decoder 2.1. I need to reload 3.11 to recreate the link..

This problem is actually corrected in v3.11, although I would like to see ANRB remember the state of this checkbox between restarts. I often forget to check it when I restart ANRB...

Yes, you are right - this problem is corrected in v3.11.  I was able to replicate my situation having lost the connection between 3.11 and 2.1. This connection will be dropped only in the following case:

1.   You have both 3.11 and 2.1 running
2.   You close 2.1, keep Connect square in ACARS panel marked
3.   You run 2.1 again
4.   Connection between 3.11 and 2.1 is lost
5.   But…, if you  unmark and mark  Connect square one more time connection will be up.

This situation is understandable, so I want to call off the  point 4 of my previous post #51.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:11:53 PM by Netcop »
Greetings from Russia, Moscow
20.54 nm NWN of UUDD

SW: ANRB v 3.13/ANRB v 4.03 3D, XP SP3
HW: SkyCentre Quad Core PC for 24/7 operation
Antenna: outside SSE 1090SJ mk2
Amp: Wimo AS-1090
Cable: Draka NK Cables RFF 1/2'-50
RadarBox24 station: Netcop