AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.11 Beta - Released  (Read 59583 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: AirNav RadarBox 2010 - 3.11 Beta - Released
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 05:47:57 PM »
Try setting Mode S source in PP to SBS1/RB V3 tcp which is the recommended setting.

I guess a general reminder to ALL Planeplotter users is needed.  If you're running any v3.x beta, including v3.11, make sure you've selected "SBS1 / RBv3 tcp" in Planeplotter I/O Settings.

EK01

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »
Help needed. I thought that I had followed the instructions to the letter given by AN regarding the installion of 3.11 but something appears to be not quite right. On start up, it is indeed showing 3.11 but the network section is still displaying the 5 minute delay message and aircraft on the map are still showing with an asterisk alongside which I would have thought would no longer be the case. It is as if something has not been copied over correctly. Not being IT minded, can somebody please explain in laymans terms how to go about implementing the instructions, for example when I click on the file given by AN at the start of this thread do I want to 'run' it or 'save' it. If I have to 'save' it, where do I save it to and then how do I proceed.
It is most frustrating to read of all the great comments from other users but as far as I am concerned there is something wrong somewhere. What am I not doing properly ? My AN folder is still showing 3.07 as being the version therefore it would appear not to have been overwritten correctly but as I say on start up 3.11 comes up but obviously not as it should be.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Ian

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2009, 05:57:31 PM »
SAVE it to the RB folder. As it is an .exe file it still comes up with 3.07 as that was the last full down load. It should show v3.11 on the RB window when it loads.
A/C in Real time still show the * as they are from the network.
Hope that helps.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2009, 06:02:25 PM »
Ian,

Sorry to burst your bubble but this version still does not give you real-time network unless you have paid for it. The only data that is now realtime on the latest version is the feeds on port 30003 and will only show to you if you use an add-on that makes use of that data.

Fenris

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »
Yes, the 5 minute delay has been removed from the port 30003 output, not from the network unless you have paid for the real-time network when the network refresh interval will be 20 seconds not 30.

If it shows 3.11 you have saved it to the right place and all is OK.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2009, 07:11:35 PM »
And indeed that now seems to have fixed it. Will have to ask Bev to remove the "may be delayed by 5 minutes" message in PP with this setting.

Brian, is that message not still valid for those SBS-1 users who have not applied the patch?

I just been checking some mode S ac seen in MyFlights when they are ascending/descending and PP is now showing identical altitudes, proving that my RB flights are being shown in PP with no delay.

Tom

Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

Fenris

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2009, 07:17:18 PM »
And indeed that now seems to have fixed it. Will have to ask Bev to remove the "may be delayed by 5 minutes" message in PP with this setting.

Brian, is that message not still valid for those SBS-1 users who have not applied the patch?

It is, but there is now a new version of Basestation which obviates the patch so eventually everyone will use that.

I just been checking some mode S ac seen in MyFlights when they are ascending/descending and PP is now showing identical altitudes, proving that my RB flights are being shown in PP with no delay.

Yes, I've set my own aircraft to show with red text and now everything local is shown in red, so it's working perfectly for me too.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »
I got a pop up when I set up the ftp upload saying that there would be a 5 minute delay, was this not something that was changed with this version?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
Don't forget that recordings are now real-time and not 5-minute delayed. Makes them a lot more useful.

Rod
Rod

Fenris

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
I got a pop up when I set up the ftp upload saying that there would be a 5 minute delay, was this not something that was changed with this version?

It is likely that the delay warning was missed, the release announcement says that ftp uploads are no longer delayed.

Pinza

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »
Installed v3.11b about three hours ago and running it since (locally only - not tried network yet).

Took a sceendump of my old polar diagram and then reset it.

Polar diagram now rebuilding - smaller than it used to be - but early days yet and looks more realistic - no silly spikes jutting out hundreds of miles into a known blackspot area!

Main improvement seems to be that once my puny downstairs flat antenna finds a signal, it seems to lock onto it much longer.

Not only that, but it seems to update the screen more often - I can see planes moving across my screen every couple of seconds (rather than appearing, then timing out or freezing).

Seems to be a major improvement - thanks Air Nav.

itestoo

• Radarvirtuel
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2009, 10:26:24 PM »
Good evening
There are 32 stations online now, Radarbox including 12 with the new software version 3.11, and everything works perfectly in real time.
Thank you to the team airnavsystems and beta user.
Best regards

Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2009, 10:48:10 PM »
Hi all and AN, I'm starting to get seriously p****d off - had 3.07 running OK, but can't get the 3.08 exe or 3.11 to load or run.     I've tried saving to my named AN Systems file, but it won't let me overwrite or delete the existing file.    One of the main reasons, I went for RB, is because I'm a technonumpty.    Mucking around, I have just found the Virtual Store file!     Currently I can't download anything of the AN site - just get the following - "AirNav Systems - Page not found", and the AN header with the following script

The file or page you are looking for might have been removed,
 had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Make sure you entered the correct address

Open our home page www.airnavsystems.com and try to look for links to the information you want

Click the Back button on your browser and try another link

If the problem persists please contact us
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Fenris

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 10:50:37 PM »
Jon, you really need to install outside the program files directory tree.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 10:58:30 PM »
Hi Brian, I have!    After I'd re-formatted HDDs, re-loaded Vista and all is updates, I loaded 2.01 from CD -  I created a new folder C:\AirNav Systems, then loaded 2.01 to a sub-folder in this file.     I then uninstalled 2.01, downloaded 3.07, and copied & pasted it to this file -ran fine.    But when I download 3.08exe and try to write i to replace the ANRB file, it won't let me do anything with it.

I've just tried re-downloading 3.07, and ANS Page not available - thank whoever, I had enough nous to save it to a CD!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!