anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Download picture fun  (Read 2520 times)

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Download picture fun
« on: November 22, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
Hi Everyone

Thought I'd inject some humour onto the forum, amidst all this bad weather in the UK to prevent getting the best from our hobby!

I've noticed the continued irregularity of the picture download function, and whilst understanding how it happens, today whilst getting the most from the box whilst on the network, have had a couple that have made me chuckle

Firstly, I was suprised to see the new Air France A380 trundling across western France to Paris, with a splendid picture of a "first class" seat accompanying it as the picture.

Just then picked up a Fokker 100 D-AFKE of Contact Air - this time the picture shows it surrounded by emergency vehicles and hoists after it appears to have ran off the runway and suffered a nose wheel collapse - nice!

Any other classics out there??

Rich

Fenris

Re: Download picture fun
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:07:00 PM »
Hi Everyone

Thought I'd inject some humour onto the forum, amidst all this bad weather in the UK to prevent getting the best from our hobby!

I've noticed the continued irregularity of the picture download function, and whilst understanding how it happens, today whilst getting the most from the box whilst on the network, have had a couple that have made me chuckle

Firstly, I was suprised to see the new Air France A380 trundling across western France to Paris, with a splendid picture of a "first class" seat accompanying it as the picture.

Just then picked up a Fokker 100 D-AFKE of Contact Air - this time the picture shows it surrounded by emergency vehicles and hoists after it appears to have ran off the runway and suffered a nose wheel collapse - nice!

Both of these sound entirely reasonable, after all they are picture of the correct aircraft, just taken from unusual angles or in unusual circumstances. There is at least one A320 where the 2nd picture is of the instrument panel and I can't read (or indeed actually see) any identifier plate to confirm the registration.