anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Seen Logbook in 3.???  (Read 4560 times)

virtualradar

A Seen Logbook in 3.???
« on: November 22, 2009, 04:03:34 AM »
Hi All and Airnav development team
I would like to right click my mouse on an aircraft on the screen and a option to add to a seen logbook to say ive seen that plane. A seen logbook will be a personal log of what aircraft ive seen. Aircraft not seen but is show in the aircraft list can be right clicked and added to seen logbook as well. Also this logbook will also allow you to enter previous logs that you have gathered over the years. A calender can be opened on the screen allowing you to open any date and manually add paper logs gathered over the years into the programme. A colour say red means that you have not seen it before so you know you need to look to see it. Another colour say green means you have seen it before you get what im trying to say. A search of airline, type of plane, mode s, Airport or a partictular date etc can be done and be printed out. A total aviation package this has not been done yet so lets have Airnav be the pieoneers, as i know many users used their airnav out and about spotting, on holidays etc. This would be a first and everyone on here would love that. I can tell you your sales would go threw the roof. With 2 new virtual Radar companies introducing packages due in 2010 let stay ahead of the rest and leave trying to play catchup. There is so much extra you could add on these are just a few examples.
Colin Ross Caltec, UK Dealer

prbflight

Re: A Seen Logbook in 3.???
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:23:00 AM »
Hi virtualradar

Great idea!  I would love to see your suggestion added as well.  I've been requesting something like this for a long time.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.msg28522#msg28522

Although a bit primitave I do add icons to the frames I've seen, heard or both. This is one of the best features of AirNav Suite 4.  Let's hope AirNav Dev will one day add this to the RadarBox.

Paul@cyyb

MrT

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 06:24:31 AM »
I 2nd that. A great suggestion.

Paul.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:40:32 AM »
Guys

This is exactly what my Aerodata Quantum analyser does, admittedly with a cross link to the aerodata software

See this link below

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3266.msg30800#msg30800

It's very simple, and an ideal companion to RadarBox

Makes sightings and lggings as easy as clicking a mouse button

Let me know if you want any more info

Rich

mjleprix

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 08:49:02 AM »
I use ADU software as my companion for loggings etc and of all the aero data software available I have found theirs to be the best and I know they are willing to create a link with Radarbox. Their complete database is far more up to date than GAS in my experience. Just my personal preference.
Mike P

virtualradar

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 11:54:52 PM »
I have ADU and for the other programme were you pay £75 no thanks i want to add to Airnav to make it better. But thanks anyways. Come on airrnav development team it would not be difficult to do.
Cheers
Colin

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 01:22:34 AM »
Hi Colin. We got your email and will answer shortly.