AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: .CSV import help  (Read 3964 times)

freqhopping

.CSV import help
« on: November 21, 2009, 01:25:54 PM »
I downloaded the entire FAA database and processed the information in a spreadsheet so it matches the RB format. I've also combined all my milair and international data in it.  Now I have a 54MB file with over 462,000 records that I want to import and replace all the data currently in my database file.

I haven't been able to figure out this SQLite stuff.  I thought I did what was needed to import a .csv but after letting it run all night it didn't work.  I don't know if it's just because there is so much data or I'm doing it wrong.

Spaice

Re: .CSV import help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 06:40:01 PM »
I have not used SQlite so I can't offer any advice on its use, but I would recommend that you make your self a test csv file of say 50 records and experiment, that way you wont have to wait so long to see the results.  Once you have success with the test csv go ahead and try it with  the master file

EK01

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
I downloaded the entire FAA database and processed the information in a spreadsheet so it matches the RB format. I've also combined all my milair and international data in it.  Now I have a 54MB file with over 462,000 records that I want to import and replace all the data currently in my database file.

I haven't been able to figure out this SQLite stuff.  I thought I did what was needed to import a .csv but after letting it run all night it didn't work.  I don't know if it's just because there is so much data or I'm doing it wrong.

Tarbat is probably the guy you need. He seems to be up on the SQLite.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »
Post a 50 record version of the csv file here as an attachment, and I'll take a look.

freqhopping

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:54:50 PM »
I've tried it with the first 50 and a random 50 records and it works.  I've tried it with more records, like ~10,000, and the records are visible in the new table and the cursor shows busy when over that window.  If I click it anymore it will say (Not Responding).

freqhopping

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 02:36:13 PM »
I've been able to get it to import 34,000 records at a time.  It takes about an hour.

Tarbat, could you help me out with an SQL string that could combine these tables, one at a time or all at once?

Thanks