AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Database  (Read 5821 times)

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
Re: Database
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2009, 08:55:56 AM »
Sorry, my mistake, I don't have the data yet, it's the data that I need

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »
Back to my original suggestion then - Aerodata.  Basic data on 98,000 aircraft for free.
http://www.aerodata.org/BaseStationfile

You'll have to then import into database explorer.

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 09:24:14 AM »
Sorry, i thought your suggestion was to buy Aerodata! Thanks for that, I'll give it go

Jollygreen

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 10:56:15 AM »
Tarbat

Once the sqb file is downloaded is it just a case of importing it into the database explorer or do I have to delete any data first to avoid duplication of records.

Nigel

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 07:41:24 PM »
Guys - be careful using the Aerodata file as I believe it was originally developed for SBS users a couple of years ago, and as a long standing user of Aerodata, together with my conversations with the guys who maintain it, they were not willing to vouch for the continued accuracy of the file available for download from their web site.

Tarbat - I think you are correct that the file can be used for us RadarBox users?

I continually update my RadarBox data base using my up to date Aerodata database,and you wouldn't believe how quickly things change!

My Aerodata/RadarBox analyser does the rest, and the two work well side by side, however I do realise that the cost is prohibitive to some users.

Just be aware that this file may be well out of date,and you may actually put some records further back historically than your current database has them.

To provide a professional,well maintained reliable accurate database free of charge that sits comfortably along side RadarBox is likely, in my opinion to need some collaboration with one of the main players in the spotting software market, and , undoubtedly at a premium for the privalage. I think the guys at Aerodata and ADU have enough to do running their own succesful product to look at other initiatives at present.

Cheers

Rich