anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JSTARS  (Read 15311 times)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: JSTARS
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2009, 05:39:05 PM »
Peter,

The JSTARS registration file is generated partly by the operating system, so you will need to contact the author for a Windows 7 registration file if you have upgraded from XP.

JSTARS

• JSTARS Software
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 05:54:50 AM »
First thing:

SORRY to everybody for my long absence, really.

I know it's not your business if I had problem with my official work (they sent me in another work location and my freetime timetable changed totally lastly), but this happen and this is the reason why I didn't read any email/forum lastly (and pity neither radar monitors activity)

I feel sorry to have damaged my "name" and "reliability" as person and as software.
It's not my primary activity, so sometime my beautiful hobby (airplane and programming) is destroyed by other high priority events.

BY THE WAY

1)
I'll try to put a message in my JSTARS website, at least to inform people when I estimate a long time of absence.

2)
Windows 7 support.
I've test JSTARS on Win7 HomePremium 32 bit, it works fine, without any compatibility mode.
Some users are using on Windows 7 64 bit with success, but I didn't test it personally.
Usually creating a new license.dat file we solved all problem with it.

3)
License.dat file is created manually, usually a special program I did. But input of date must be done my hand, that's why I cannot reply quickly and why there is a delay between fee donation and registration request and when I can issue registration.

4)
License.dat file is created by a special algorythm and it's based on Windows version too

5)
This early morning I've tried to reply to all emails written at jstars_software AT yahoo.com
Hope to solve all problems and allow you to enjoy with JSTARS and your radarbox, as I do daily.

6)
Thanks to everybody who understood situation and gave me patient, much appreciated, really

7)
I understand also guys tired of my absence/not quick response - I have no other solutions for them, simply my sincere apologize, my aim is to satisfy everybody to enjoy with my software and with their hobby, because I am the first one that enjoy on it.

Happy skies in mode-S

Peter

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 07:30:45 AM »
Thanks Allocator, didn't twig that it was computer specific. Obviously JStars knows that I had 2 x licences in the first place so I'll explain all up and running again, but a change of machine and that should cure it.

Thanks

Peter

Frank

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »
Working nicely with the new .dat file on my Windows 7 64 bit system. Thanks for your effort.
Enjoying your nice little program again.

Frank

Fenris

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
JSTARS, seems like it would be sensible to ask someone to help with generating registration codes when you're not available. Worth thinking about perhaps....?

radarspotter10

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 11:19:46 AM »
JSTARS, seems like it would be sensible to ask someone to help with generating registration codes when you're not available. Worth thinking about perhaps....?

hi FENRIS.
I think thats a good idea, very good of you to volunteer.
do you not think JSTARS
from pat

JSTARS

• JSTARS Software
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 12:45:13 PM »
Yes I thought about that idea, but I have to setup my license program first, because right now is not a final version and I can use it because I am its developer with development enviroment to do it - no had time to set it for the moment.
But it's a thread I put in my actual JSTARS wish list...

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »
Welcome back Rob.  I know just what you mean regarding the 'day job' - I'm in much the same position at the moment with just enough time to read the forum but not much time to do anything else!  I think that you will see from the thread here that people are very appreciative of what you have achieved with JSTARS - keep up the good work :-)

JSTARS

• JSTARS Software
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2009, 04:47:37 AM »
Thanks for your kind words Allocator.
I know Internet, software, people needs and so on... I can understand every point of view and I respect them.
Unlucky, as you said, there job situation that can change our timetable... we must be patient, our "friends" must  be patient.

JSTARS has reached a good level of quality and features, thanks to everybody have decided to use it.

Rob