anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JSTARS  (Read 15299 times)

Frank

Re: JSTARS
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 08:39:48 AM »
Though I still did not receive any replies from the author (Rob), I think there must be some kind of problem (illness or something else) with him, because I know him as an integer and helpfull gentleman. So just let's be patient .

Frank

MrT

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 10:30:44 AM »
Doesn't matter anymore.

Fed up with all the cr*p surrounding this hobby.

RB software also deleted and the Box is up for sale.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:05:20 AM by AirNav Support »

Protzenalp

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
It took him a couple of days to get back to me but he did and everything is working fine. He said that he was having some trouble with his Yahoo Mail.

I think it is sometimes a bit rich to moan too strongly about amateur businesses in this hobby. Sure AirNav provide the box, it is expensive and one expects a certain level of service.

There are also many amateurs out there developping add-ons that we like and use. Many of these guys have a day job, it is not their main source of income. There is also no reason why they should not be compensated for the time, effort and trouble that they put into maintaining the add-on. We all benefit and the price is really symbolic. So, I think a little more tolerance would not go amiss.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2009, 11:04:54 PM »
A very harsh judgement MrT in my opinion. You need to use the Register option from within JSTARS to generate the message that goes to the software author as well as making the payment. A longer reply when I'm using the PC to reply rather than the phone!

MrT

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 10:24:04 AM »
A very harsh judgement MrT in my opinion. You need to use the Register option from within JSTARS to generate the message that goes to the software author as well as making the payment. A longer reply when I'm using the PC to reply rather than the phone!

I tried using the software to register. I get an error.

48 Hours now passed with no response to my order. I also emailed him with my order #  not long after ordering.

Pathetic.

Advice to anyone considering a JSTARS licence = DONT!

jannuh

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 11:31:05 AM »
It took him a couple of days to get back to me but he did and everything is working fine. He said that he was having some trouble with his Yahoo Mail.

I think it is sometimes a bit rich to moan too strongly about amateur businesses in this hobby. Sure AirNav provide the box, it is expensive and one expects a certain level of service.

There are also many amateurs out there developping add-ons that we like and use. Many of these guys have a day job, it is not their main source of income. There is also no reason why they should not be compensated for the time, effort and trouble that they put into maintaining the add-on. We all benefit and the price is really symbolic. So, I think a little more tolerance would not go amiss.

MrT, did you really read this post???

Read it else oncemore, reply later, reply in a way where not 2 of 3 words are accusations..    GL

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 01:05:38 PM »

I tried using the software to register. I get an error.

48 Hours now passed with no response to my order. I also emailed him with my order #  not long after ordering.

Pathetic.

Advice to anyone considering a JSTARS licence = DONT!

Rob, the author of JSTARS is not running JSTARS as the product of a business.  He is an enthusiast like many of us here and I am sure that he has a 'day job' and a life of his own to get on with.  He has produced a very good utility program to work with the SBS-1.  He then spent a great deal of time changing JSTARS so that it also worked with RadarBox.  I feel that he is very justified in asking for a small contribution for all his work.  Remember that JSTARS Lite and JSTARS will both run without any payment or registration, although extra features are available if you do pay the JSTARS registration fee.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but I do not think that you are justified in the accusations that you make and your suggestion that others should not use JSTARS.  You are certainly not encouraging Rob to develop JSTARS any further, especially for RadarBox - how ungrateful.

I like JSTARS, I use JSTARS and I helped to Beta test JSTARS for RadarBox.  I paid the registration fee and I gave up my time to help and encourage Rob.  The reward that I get is the knowledge that I have helped the whole RadarBox community and and in my own small way I've helped in the development of JSTARS.

Rob, if you are reading this thread, keep up the good work - JSTARS is excellent :-)

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 02:22:43 PM »
Allocator,

I totally endorse what you have written. JSTARS is a great product that I use all the time and I would encourage all RB users to get it.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

radarspotter10

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 02:48:14 PM »
hi all.
I have nothing but praise for JSTARS, he tried for over a week to get my one working
but my computer skills are a bit iffy.
The new airnav is going great for me, also my  RadarBox Network is up next month
need the two live RadarBox Network and Real-Time network maybe get some get discount airnav
sorry for going of topic a bit
from pat enjoying my airnav live

MrT

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »
I dont need to read those posts Jannuh (or anyone else that disagrees).

Simple Facts

I ordered a product that was promoted as a 'commercial product' and paid $$$ for a licence.

I STILL HAVE NOT received it.

That is called bad customer experience. It is NOT good business. and all your excuses are making this bloke look a bigger clown than he obviously already is.

No excuses. I paid my $$$ I expect the goods. Simple, fundemental law of business.

Comprehend?

jannuh

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2009, 10:56:03 AM »
Start your own one-way forum if you don't want to read!
Case closed.

mjleprix

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
This guy Mr T is like a naughty child who every time he gets told off has to commit another misdemeanor to seek attention . Will somebody switch him off please.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2009, 01:18:02 PM »
MrT has now been banned for his behaviour on this thread and another. Please discuss Jstars nicely.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Peter

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2009, 01:53:27 PM »
Has anyone managed to get it working in Windows 7, 64 bit please? I did have it working in XP3, sadly that computer died. I had Windows 7, 32 bit for a couple of weeks until my new one appeared. It didn't work in that either, but must admit, I didn't try too hard because I knew that I would have to re-install once the new one turned up.
The problem seems to lay in the fact that you cannot map any of the file locations out. I've tried locating direct, I've had in look in the virtual store etc, but now put it on the back burner whilst I get other stuff working again.

Thanks

Peter

Peter

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2009, 03:52:01 PM »
I can confirm that I've now got JStars working in Windows 7 64 bit Home edition. The key appears to be to "Right click" on the programme Icon, go into properties and tick for it to run in Windows XP3. The only remaining glitch is that although I originally paid for a licence on each of my computers, neither will release the caption "unregistered" on the replacement unit. As long as it doesn't keep shutting down every little while, I probably won't worry too much!

Peter