AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Alerts on ANRB  (Read 3225 times)

TGA388

Alerts on ANRB
« on: November 17, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »
Hi all, can anyone help me answer the following query?

Is there a limit to the number of aircraft that can be posted into the alert by registration box?

The reason I ask is because i have noticed that the futher down the list of registrations an aircraft is the less likely it is that I will get an alert toshow/sound when the particular aircraft appears on the list of aircraft being monitored.

I currently have 242 aircraft listed to be alerted to their arrival into the area of coverage of my RadarBox, is this too many? :)

Thanks in advance, Dave.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 01:23:20 PM by TGA388 »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Alerts on ANRB
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 01:30:23 PM »
I don't tend to use the registration alerts other than for about 10 aircraft I'm particularly interested in.  I make more use of the Mode S with wildcards and the Smartview Fleet Watch lists.

Do you really need 242 registrations in the alert box?  Can you use wildcards to be 'smarter' or Fleet Watch to follow particular fleets?

Mode S alert box - UK and USA military

43C*
AE0*
AE1*
AE2*
ADF*

Aircraft

A38*

Fleet Watch

As required using the '*' wildcard to keep entries to a minimum.

I also use JSTARS with a custom code list for more complicated alerts and logs.

TGA388

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »
Thanks Allocator, point taken, although with the traffic over my location I do actually find it easier to select individual aircraft rather than wildcard entries. Also with the custom sound file that I am using, an american railway crossing bell, it gets a bit noisy when using wildcards!
Further to my original post, I have just received an alert for the last aircraft on the list, so maybe the problem is intermitent.

Maybe I should reduce the number of a/c in the list to certain regns and just be more alert myself.

Thanks for the reply, Dave.

Fenris

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 02:00:45 PM »
It's going to depend on how much CPU is spare I presume, if the program is very busy doing stuff then something has to give.