AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Real-time port 30003 output  (Read 22239 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Real-time port 30003 output
« on: November 16, 2009, 04:38:53 PM »
Now that Kinetic have removed the 5-minute delay from port 30003 output, will Airnav follow suit and implement the same change, to maintain compatability with SBS-1 port 30003 output.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Real-time port 30003 output
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:01:47 PM »
We will not be doing this at the present time.

It seems to be a knee jerk reaction since Live Network was released, simply in order to try and get 3rd party networks to match it without hacking their own software.

As we have said before, we feel removing the delay could be counter active to our network.

We will discuss this internally but at present we will not be changing the delay in the current beta version.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:08:57 PM »
I hardly see why removing a pointless hamstring could be considered a "knee-jerk reaction" - it makes complete common sense to me.  Of course, if there is a profit to be made...

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:12:07 PM »
Deadcalm,

While we don't want to discuss what other companies are doing. The question is then simply if it was something which made so much sense, why did it take them 3-4 years to do it. That question should be aimed at them on there forum not here.
[email protected]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:13:20 PM »
Just FYI, we can see this thread taking a turn with certain "fans" please keep it civil.

We have mentioned it will be discussed between us but at present we are not changing it in the beta.
[email protected]

MikeC

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
I suspect Kinetic has found that supporting customers using the realtime patch is harder than letting all customers get at realtime data.

Plus the advent of a brand new ModeS receiver from a new entrant may have been an influence.

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 05:16:01 PM »
No need to ask them anything - they've done it.  It doesn't affect me, anyway, because I only have a RB.  And there's nothing uncivil about anything I've written on the subject, just observational comment.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 05:19:03 PM »
I guess as the marketplace expands, with new ModeS receivers, and home-brew receivers, manufacturers will have to look for new USPs to differentiate their product.

It will be interesting to see if real-time port 30003 is a big enough USP, and what other USPs the software companies can come up with to differentiate their product.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 05:21:18 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »
Products evolve and the market place changes all the time. We are here for the long haul and our commitment over the last few years shows that.
[email protected]

MikeC

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »
At the end of the day, it's the software that matters most, as long as the box delivers good data.  And price.

It will be interesting to see what the new kid on the block has to offer.  Competition is good for everyone, suppliers as well as customers.

radarspotter10

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 05:37:00 PM »
At the end of the day, it's the software that matters most, as long as the box delivers good data.  And price.

It will be interesting to see what the new kid on the block has to offer.  Competition is good for everyone, suppliers as well as customers.
hi all
Think what we are all trying to say is you never know what tomorrow brings,
and the airnav box does what it says on the tin, no hacks so far.
from pat.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 05:45:00 PM »

I guess there's the software, the price, but also the online services that you can also buy - network, real-time network.

I guess each manufacturer will have a different perspective on how to generate maximum revenue from their R&D investment.  An open-source software solution would be nice though ;)

MikeC

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 05:48:32 PM »
Yes I agree Tarbat, software and services.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 07:23:03 PM »
It seems to be a knee jerk reaction since Live Network was released, simply in order to try and get 3rd party networks to match it without hacking their own software.

As we have said before, we feel removing the delay could be counter active to our network

Actually, Kinetic's decision to remove the delay is a straightforward commercial decision.  Equally, AirNav's decision not to is too.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 09:32:39 PM »
Nothing new to us: fortunately our competition does not have the minimum software development capabilities so has to rely on third party addons to stay alive.  That explains the real-time 30003 output which brings nothing to what RadarBox is already offering.

AirNav RadarBox is a complete ready to use system that brings innovation. It is not a stopped project which is now no more than a hardware that tries to promote itself based on false advertisements. The growing sales and total market leadership RadarBox has say it all and these mini-reactions just show how incapable our competitors are to face our innovation.

We strongly believe that the success of a product is based on work, quality, development and innovation and not on background games and "fake mega announcements" that bring nothing new to this market.

In simple words we do deliver what we promise.